Hypothetical: Murray Slides

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Solar7, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

Alright, we've argued about Kyler a lot. But let's say the Cardinals don't pull the trigger on him, and we end up with Bosa, Q, or even trade down. What are your particular thoughts on moving up or around for Kyler? Where would you consider it something you have to experiment with?

Do you trade into the teens for him from #33? Would you take him at the top of the second and discard Rosen for less than a first?

I want to hear from both lovers and haters.

Ohcrap75 likes this.
  2. Shane

Shane Current STAR Contributor

Never

iLLmatiC, CardNots and Southpaw like this.
  3. Yuma

Yuma Back in AZ!

If we do pass on him, then the franchise is set at Rosen at least for another season. I don't see passing on him, then using firepower later when this team is short on players to move up to get him. Your are either all in, or nothing basically. I think Keim is trying to leverage getting more picks because the draft is heavy in DL, you can slide and get one later. I think the Cards would like to move out of the one and get more picks, but they are trying to build a market for their pick. I think the league is going to call the Cards bluff and see if we to take Murray. If the Cards have Bosa or Q rated higher, they can't get cute. Just pick who we need. If we are really in love with Murray, then there's no way we trade the pick. We would be all over taking him. Keim keeps hinting we haven't made up our mind. He's begging someone to pick up the phone and trade for the first pick!

4. TheCardFan

TheCardFan Things have changed.

The only way it makes sense for me...

We pick #1.

Murray slides to a pick (11,15,17, etc) and that team wants Rosen. Basically, we would be trading Rosen for Murray.

I hope KK has faith in Rosen and we keep him but if they really want Murray, this would be only way (Get Bosa or Q at #1 and trade Rosen for Murray) I would feel we got the right value out of this draft situation.

Goldfield likes this.
  5. JeffGollin

JeffGollin Registered User

Even now,, I view Murray as a special opportunity that landed on our doorstep on Draft Day morning.

We can either leap on that that puppy or we can see it as an illusion designed to con us.

Should we pass on that opportunity, it's time to let it go. There are other fish to fry. The world of "would-as" & "should-as" is a world where people go to lose.

6. Ronin

Ronin ASFN Contributor Contributor

hahawhothat likes this.
  7. JeffGollin

JeffGollin Registered User

Raises an interesting question: Can Team A require in a deal that Team B not draft a specific player, players or positions?

Could the Cardinals agree to trade down with, say, the Jets at #3 or Oakland at #4 with the stip that they not draft Murray?

Only problem with that deal would be the Niners at #2 - Division rival could refuse to go along (i.e. either by drafting Murray or trading the pick to another team).

8. TJ

TJ Suge White

At this point, the team has already created so much chaos with this selection that it’s either you take him or you don’t. After your first-round pick, that’s it.

9. BW52

BW52 Registered

Question Jeff? Why would the Jets need to trade up? they need defense-At #3 Its possible Bosa,josh Allen,Quinnen Williams -one of those 3 will be still on the board.Also you still have Rashan Gary,Ed Oliver,Christian Wilikins,Dexter Lawrence,Clellin Ferrell all still available.
    As for your question about requiring a no-trade to deal....maybe a verbal deal but what if the other team gets a offer that can`t refuse because its too good to pass up?It just doesn`t seem like a real workable premise because the GM has too take care of his own team first and foremost.

10. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

The only way this would work is if we traded down once or twice) and accumulated extra picks and Murray was to slip. I don’t see why we would do this. If we want Murray then do it with conviction and be done with it.

azsouthendzone and hahawhothat like this.
  11. football karma

football karma formerly known as En Fuego

i have thought a lot about this scenario:

Cards trade #1 to OAK for #4 and (lets say) #35. Oak takes....... Bosa.

At #4, Cards take Murray.

They could do this, presumably, because the Cards would know exactly who would want Murray, and, what they are willing to give up --

Trade with Oak is well below trade value, but Cards get a high 2nd and the player they wanted at #1 anyway.

Risk to this strategy if Murray is the target:

Quite possible that (lets say) the Jets are so motivated to trade down that their price is a fraction of trade chart as well.

12. azsouthendzone

azsouthendzone Registered

Smh

13. Proximo

Proximo Registered

Anybody that really believes he is sliding more than a few spots is dead wrong. There is no chance in hell he could go lower than top 10. The Raiders, Redskins and Giants would all take him by then.

There is zero chance of this being a reality.

dscher likes this.
  14. Proximo

Proximo Registered

Oakland is not trading up for anyone other than Murray. I can't even believe people keep acting like they would.

15. football karma

football karma formerly known as En Fuego

and Jon Gruden told you this when?

Cardiac likes this.