Hunters (Amazon Prime)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hunters

A diverse band of Nazi hunters living in 1977 New York City discover hundreds of high-ranking Nazi officials are conspiring to create a Fourth Reich in the U.S. The eclectic team will set out on a bloody quest to bring them to justice.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heard this was based on a true story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOOSELY based on a true story.

I was really looking forward to this and was completely out halfway through the pilot... and if I'm being really honest, I was done by the end of the first scene.

I don't need my true story of Nazi Hunters done with the level of camp of True Blood. This feels almost exploitative of the Holocaust.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished episode 1 and it was AWESOME

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
LOOSELY based on a true story.

I was really looking forward to this and was completely out halfway through the pilot... and if I'm being really honest, I was done by the end of the first scene.

I don't need my true story of Nazi Hunters done with the level of camp of True Blood. This feels almost exploitative of the Holocaust.
I get what you’re saying but I think we need be careful how sensitive we get. Think about campy westerns with depictions of native Americans. You can probably find similar comments about most ethnicities and their treatment in camp.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I get what you’re saying but I think we need be careful how sensitive we get. Think about campy westerns with depictions of native Americans. You can probably find similar comments about most ethnicities and their treatment in camp.

I think the show running explained it well, when accused of dramatizing the Holocaust by making stories up. He said he felt it would have been much more offensive to use real stories that real families might have experienced.

That said, I ended up massively disappointed in this. It was wildly uneven throughout, and let's just say I wasn't a fan of where it went.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson