Humphries is a liability.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He had Palmer jogging for his life on several plays out there. Did you see that one in the second quarter where he got bullrushed and planted on his back? He consistently does not get leverage, is too high, gets stood up and pushed back, and he's not fast enough on his feet to stop faster pass rushers. Awful play from him today.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
LOL... As if the rest of the o-line played worth a damn today. Collectively, they sucked. Shipley and Veldheer were burned just as much as Hump. And let's not even get into their run blocking...

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Disagree. Humphries has actually been decent. I actually think Veldheer had a worse game.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
for as bad as we played as a unit today its strange somebody is calling out Hump individually.

I think his bad day was in part due to Watford at RG who had an even worse day.

OP
OP
vince56

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
for as bad as we played as a unit today its strange somebody is calling out Hump individually.

I think his bad day was in part due to Watford at RG who had an even worse day.

I can't disagree with that either. Big drop-off from Mathis to Watford.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i think humphries is ok, he can just get better
and palmer hold the football too long

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
its time also to upgrade the center position
boehm is ready to start his nel career

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The O-line as a collective was atrocious, Palmer was running for his life all day. Other teams are going to just simply pressure Palmer because our o-line is pretty mediocre. If you can get to Palmer, you can disrupt our offense and make us pretty one dimensional. We were out coached today as well.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I don't know why Veldheer's play has become so inconsistent. He was rock solid and seemed to regress last season

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Although everyone on the line seemed to suck today, I do believe DJ got taken out to the woodshed. He couldn't handle outside speed rush. Just a step behind all day. What he accomplished last week was wiped from my mind with his performance today. At least with Veldheer you can say it was just a bad day because he's proven to be a good player. But with DJ every game he plays builds his resume. Right now it reads:

Nothing rookie season
Okay first game
Average-to-good second game
Levi Brown

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Most of the pressure came from the inside? Watford and Shipley?? The only outside pressure came on dual CB/Safety blitzes on both sides. One play Watford didn't even pick up a man and Hump had to shift over to take the inside guy.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Most of the pressure came from the inside? Watford and Shipley?? The only outside pressure came on dual CB/Safety blitzes on both sides. One play Watford didn't even pick up a man and Hump had to shift over to take the inside guy.

You should go rewatch the game and key on hump. He was beat off the snap repeatedly

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For the record, I wanted Shaq Thompson. Can you imagine him on this defense right now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Although everyone on the line seemed to suck today, I do believe DJ got taken out to the woodshed. He couldn't handle outside speed rush. Just a step behind all day. What he accomplished last week was wiped from my mind with his performance today. At least with Veldheer you can say it was just a bad day because he's proven to be a good player. But with DJ every game he plays builds his resume. Right now it reads:

Nothing rookie season
Okay first game
Average-to-good second game
Levi Brown
You trying to tell me Humphries was a human turnstile today?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
He had Palmer jogging for his life on several plays out there. Did you see that one in the second quarter where he got bullrushed and planted on his back? He consistently does not get leverage, is too high, gets stood up and pushed back, and he's not fast enough on his feet to stop faster pass rushers. Awful play from him today.
Does somebody really jog for their life? lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Was bound to have a bad game. Was fine the first two weeks. He will learn from this.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For the record, I wanted Shaq Thompson. Can you imagine him on this defense right now?

yeah it would be even worse. Thompson is really not that good. He's actually bad.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
A line works as a whole, if one guy is not toting his weight it affects the whole entity. Granted Humphries was having issues but having Watford next to him being a weak link did not help his concentration either... and Shipley, he is no Sendlein and that says a lot lol

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Who was the guy that kept bull rushing veldheer to his stomach? That looked pretty funny, lol

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Imagine Eric Kendricks on this defense. He has actually been playing better than Shaq.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave