How Will The US Basketball Team Fare?

How Will The US Basketball Team Fare in The Olympics?

• GOLD!!!

Votes: 27 75.0%
  • Silver!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bronze.

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • worse...

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters
OP
OP
arthurracoon

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
It's a good thing these young guys want to be on the team and are willing to do what is needed of them.

Plus Larry Brown is their coach.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
all the way, May!

(slight league of their own refernece)

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I can't say I really care... They need to set a limit on the age of the players, if they can do it in other team sports why not basketball? This would give us a chance to watch the younger guys who might be more likely to treasure representing their country. I can't forget the teams of thugs we've rolled out to represent our country before in Pan Am games or World Championships etc, almost shameful.

Soccer limits the teams to Under 23 yrs old with 2 exceptions of senior players...the same could be done in basketball and you'd still have the kids like LeBron but you'd also have the top college kids eligible as well. I think it would make the games more interesting and competitive.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zeno said:
I can't say I really care... They need to set a limit on the age of the players, if they can do it in other team sports why not basketball? This would give us a chance to watch the younger guys who might be more likely to treasure representing their country. I can't forget the teams of thugs we've rolled out to represent our country before in Pan Am games or World Championships etc, almost shameful.

Soccer limits the teams to Under 23 yrs old with 2 exceptions of senior players...the same could be done in basketball and you'd still have the kids like LeBron but you'd also have the top college kids eligible as well. I think it would make the games more interesting and competitive.
great points - i agree with the age limit.

that would be pretty interesting to watch and i think alot more desire would be created for the players too - and competition.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zeno said:

Completely disagree. Track/Swimming sports in which the olympics is really all about has no age limit. Heck Carl Lewis competed into his 30s.

Its all about sending your countries best. These guys are our best. Thugs or no thugs!

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Completely disagree. Track/Swimming sports in which the olympics is really all about has no age limit. Heck Carl Lewis competed into his 30s.

Its all about sending your countries best. These guys are our best. Thugs or no thugs!
i think he was just talking about the team sports like basketball, if that makes a difference in your mind.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jkf296 said:
i think he was just talking about the team sports like basketball, if that makes a difference in your mind.

Nope it doesnt. Track is a team sport as well. How about the relays?

Why should it being a team sport limit you from sending your countries best athletes?

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
There is no way you can expect the USA to win when they have only been together for little over a week. These national teams have been together playing for years.

Also on talk radio today I heard people say "I-talians" like 20 times...... stupid heads....

Djaughe

Reaction score
I seemed to remember that the "dream" team would first practice against college players...then take the show on the road - did they decide to skip the practice?