How the Suns are set up to fail

shazaam6

Censor this
Reaction score
If you wanted the Suns to fail you couldn't set them up for it any better than D'Antoni does:

1. Play your best guys til they are exhausted, all year.

2. Dont practice too much, so the guys that don't play in the games aren't ready if and when someone gets hurt.
*as an added built in bonus, this is good for blaming playoff exits--Joe Johnson face fracture and Raja Bell calf pull)

3. Confuse or play mind games with the bench even more by not playing them if they happen to play well in games they manage to get in.(Skinner and Strawberry)

4. Ignore defense because the harder we play it, the longer we have to play it. Just let the other team score and we can play offense again sooner. The winner is who scores the most points and defense cant score points. duh'antoni :thud:

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
10 star post right there.

I love the Suns and I've been a fan for years but this team from DAY 1 of this season has not been one of my favorites. Wheres the killer instinct? NOPE. Until this team sticks a hand up on an opposing jumpshot, dont expect a ring.

OP
OP
S

shazaam6

Censor this
Reaction score
Lame? You want proof?

Didn't we just get beat in the 4th quarter by Utah? A team that stresses defense, was missing one of their best guys due to injury (AK) and their coach STILL played 10 players deep.

Last edited:

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

"See this finger? Its my 9th digit. And before you blink and eye, I will have our team in the 9th position in the western conference"

OP
OP
S

shazaam6

Censor this
Reaction score
cobbler, I thought he was showing all the Phoenix ladies that he wasn't married anymore. No ring on his ring finger.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
could be shazaam...

Im thinking the only prize the suns will be eyeing in the near future will be whatever shaq buys with his 40 mil. *grin*

cly2tw

Reaction score
If you wanted the Suns to fail you couldn't set them up for it any better than D'Antoni does:

1. Play your best guys til they are exhausted, all year.

2. Dont practice too much, so the guys that don't play in the games aren't ready if and when someone gets hurt.
*as an added built in bonus, this is good for blaming playoff exits--Joe Johnson face fracture and Raja Bell calf pull)

3. Confuse or play mind games with the bench even more by not playing them if they happen to play well in games they manage to get in.(Skinner and Strawberry)

4. Ignore defense because the harder we play it, the longer we have to play it. Just let the other team score and we can play offense again sooner. The winner is who scores the most points and defense cant score points. duh'antoni :thud:

Right on point!

We have played quite good a game. But the loss is squarely on our sticking to two bad habits/patterns from run-n-gun style.

1. As you mentioned, our players were tired. Grind-out games always are. Despite his hot shooting, we shouldn't have played Bell that long. We should have given some min. to DJ and Linton when we were leading by 10. Maybe DJ could have shot better than Giri who doesn't have the touch yet. Also, Amare was scoring at will tonight, we might be able to rest Nash more by having others delivering him the ball for a while, while defending better. In the end, we missed covering Okur and Korver on those late 3s that killed us.

2. Nash pulled up for two quickies as he always does right after being scored on by opponent's PG. Missed both and our lead reduced further. We must learn to value possessions in those grind-out games.

3. To make our offense efficient, Nash has to play more off ball. He is such a great shooter. He should be able to spread the floor for Amare and Shaq for some basic half court sets. In this game, he clashed path with Amare several times, which is simply the result that the spacing of his wild penetration can't be there all the time like it was.

But still, we have Shaq and Amare playing very well now. And this is the foundation for more towards our title this year.:thumbup:

Trophytown

Registered
Reaction score

"See this finger? Its my 9th digit. And before you blink and eye, I will have our team in the 9th position in the western conference"

That image will forever be emblazend in my mind. Cuz there is nothing..........absolutely NOTHING he can do to stem the tide that has washed over the Suns.

You were fooled...........

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I almost gave up after this game. I was so pumped until midway through the 4th. The Suns were playing great. Shaq looked like the Shaq of 3 years ago, Amare was dominating, Raja was actually hitting open shots. Diaw actually played decent.

And then somehow the Suns fell apart, as always, late in the game. If they do not beat SA I'm just about ready to write off even MAKING the playoffs.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score

What do you expect from a Lakers fan... you don't even know how to count the fingers. That's eighth, not nineth...

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
Or he is pointing to the finger he is going to show to cobbler...

hmmmmmm... well... as you can clearly see... he is touching and pointing out his RING FINGER. In case you have never realized, the ring finger ie the one where his wedding ring used to be.... is the 9th digit.

Are you really that oblivious to think hes pointing to he middle finger and saying hes going to bring a ring. And had you actually watched the video... you would have seen him actually tap the ring finger several times.

what a lame reply.... is that realy the best you have? go figure

Last edited: