How quickly do you think we'll add a QB in FA?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
So with no one on the roster, I think most of us are thinking that we'll need to sign a QB for this team.

But how long are you expecting it to take? Will we have the contract in hand March 14th? Will we take a week to complete visits and make an offer? Will we wait a month and sign whoever is last?

What are your thoughts?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Depends on if they end up trading for someone first. If no trades, then I expect them to sign someone quickly.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would guess that they will throw their hat in the ring with 2 or 3. Either they sign one right away or wait to see how the draft unfolds.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I am sure Keim will sign a QB well before the draft. But I dunno...cant see him jumping on a guy on the first day of FA...there are too many guys available and too many teams looking.. the only way you get a guy on day one is if you offer a blow out deal...and I really hope Keim aint stupid enough to do that.
I would rather go into this season with Matt Barkley and a rook than pay a guy like Bradford or Keenum $20+mil

"Aggressive" does not have to equal "Stupid"

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
First day of free agency cause they know already and they got already the response, and contract terms but we have to wait march 12

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
If nothing comes to fruition Keim always has Stanton & Gabbert on speed dial. Then draft a top 10 QB.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
First week of FA, we will figure out who is really aviable to us and is cost effective or at a good rate.

I think our team has to go bridge QB and draft a QB (maybe even double dip).

For me Lamar Jackson, Baker Mayfield are players that could be there at #15

But from what I saw on Lauletta, he is my bet to be the best QB of this class, but we will see, down the stretch, for now, Russel Wilson was better than Luck and Foles has more SB rings than Luck as well and Cousins has more yards and completitions and TD.

So everyone that calls it a save bet, even Luck doesn't produce what you hoped for. It depends on the whole team, NE is so strong because Brady is so cheap, even cheaper than Bortles.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
First or second day of free agency. Wouldn't be surprised to hear something during the legal tampering period.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
After the first domino drops. Cousins deal will set the market so after he signs a deal. Of course he plans on FA visits first and will not sign during 2 day negotiation window. Once ARZ knows the ceiling then they can gauge how much to spend.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
After the first domino drops. Cousins deal will set the market so after he signs a deal. Of course he plans on FA visits first and will not sign during 2 day negotiation window. Once ARZ knows the ceiling then they can gauge how much to spend.

pretty sure SK already has a list of QB's and how much he thinks they are worth

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm 100% positive they will sign/trade for a vet QB. No question. I have a feeling it will be either Keenum or Bridgewater.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
I just have a feeling it will be done quickly with McCarron and then a 2nd/3rd round QB in the draft.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
It had better be pretty damn quick. We can't go the "We'll sit back and let the market sort itself out" route this time around.

I wouldn't be surprised though if the QBs let the market price themselves and wait a bit before committing to any team (aside from Cousins)--Bridgewater, Bradford, Keenum, McCarron might just wait for one of those others to sign and base their demands on that.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised though if the QBs let the market price themselves and wait a bit before committing to any team (aside from Cousins)--Bridgewater, Bradford, Keenum, McCarron might just wait for one of those others to sign and base their demands on that.

That's a real possibility.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave