Nose tackle
Olb
Ilb

With the draft and free they must fill all these holes

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Hicks currently leads the league in tackles made ahead of Kuechly & Wagner. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not since it probably means opposing offenses are getting to the 2nd level instead of being stopped in the backfield.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/player
I think Hicks is fine. We knew we weren't getting Kuechly.

Reaction score
I think Hicks is fine. We knew we weren't getting Kuechly.

I think he is as well. I also think Reddick is improving but slowly. He definitely has the athleticism. He needs to work more on read/react imo. Some on here have been complaining about Hicks is why I posted that stat.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Got a NT at OU that is worth keeping an eye on. Nevel Galloway, big #90. 6' 2", 301 5th year senior that's taking his game to the next level this year. Might be a little off the radar since OU's defense has been so bad lately, and so you get him at a little bit of discount in the draft.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think he is as well. I also think Reddick is improving but slowly. He definitely has the athleticism. He needs to work more on read/react imo. Some on here have been complaining about Hicks is why I posted that stat.

No Reddick is lost when he has to read a play, he takes 1 or 2 seconds to recognize how the plays develops
I really paid attention watching him , he is a liability and hicks got some criticism also cause he basically playing alone in the middle

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
No Reddick is lost when he has to read a play, he takes 1 or 2 seconds to recognize how the plays develops
I really paid attention watching him , he is a liability and hicks got some criticism also cause he basically playing alone in the middle

Like Chopper said, Hicks is doing fine for what's expected (he is better than average and would be more so with a better supporting cast around him) and even more so since he has not been injured. Reddick is a lost cause, because frankly if he was a difference maker, that would have shown by now even with the drawbacks and system changes... stud football players will give you a few dominating plays even when in a rookie funk and he has yet to do something which made me say "wow"

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We need a tigh end
A running back to share carries with edmonds
Johnson i agree has to play Larry centers role
A very good right Tackle
A guard to push pugh for the starting job
2 de/dt
1 nose tackle they can find one serviceable in free agency
A pass rusher
An Ilb, fast and good in coverage

Te
Ot
Og
De/dt
Nose tackle
Olb
Ilb

With the draft and free they must fill all these holes
I’m drafting a OLB, DE, & DT before an ILB.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
We need 2 starting caliber wideouts. That plus a stud OL transforms this offense.

Our GM selected Michael Floyd, Chad Williams, and Andy Isabella. He’s never brought in a contributor as a free agent at the position.
I do not think we can pin Floyd on Keim...I check, lol.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What's the benefit of devoting a major portion of our time slamming Keim? Pointing fingers won't win us a single additional game.

And suggesting that we bring in a bevy of new players may sound good, but is far from being a slam dunk.

It all sounds like the tail-end of a game called "if I was GM", and I have my doubts as to any of us could do better than Steve Keim or anyone else, for that matter.

I'm guessing that, for the Cards to right the ship, it will take a new regime and a lot of luck, and I don't see this happening overnight if at all.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What's the benefit of devoting a major portion of our time slamming Keim? Pointing fingers won't win us a single additional game.

And suggesting that we bring in a bevy of new players may sound good, but is far from being a slam dunk.

It all sounds like the tail-end of a game called "if I was GM", and I have my doubts as to any of us could do better than Steve Keim or anyone else, for that matter.

I'm guessing that, for the Cards to right the ship, it will take a new regime and a lot of luck, and I don't see this happening overnight if at all.

It's all the fans have at this point

You've got a real fan base that's frustrated they're hopes and dreams of the Cardinals DIED in stinking SEPTEMBER....that's beyond rediculous

Shoot I remember wishing they'd still be in it in December....the last two years they're mathematically eliminated in SEPTEMBER.....that's pathetic

So the frustration of fire the GM or fire everyone ....I get it....The fans think the front office, coaching staff and players know what they're doing....reality is they didn't ...they still don't and bet the house in 365 days it'll be the same due to Keim's spending ($40 million in the hole for next year - and he's not done yet) - shoot he killed $4.25 on the books for next year with Crabtree and they NEED him now....so great cut there Keim.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

This may ************ off like as ass, but there are some aspects of the job where I believe members of this board could do equally as well as Keim. A GMs job is more about surrounding yourself with smart people, being able to communicate effectively, making hard decisions to achieve and meet organizational goals, and creating a positive culture.

We are probably, as a group, more equipped to speak about the front office and GM than we are about the coaching and playing on the field.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I’m drafting a OLB, DE, & DT before an ILB.

I know Chopper stated in another thread that we shouldn't be surprised if the top pick is a receiver.

I like the cast of receivers the Cardinals have, but none have proven themselves as go to receivers. Murray would really benefit by having a guy that can consistently get open all of the time, maybe more so than having another offensive lineman.

IF I were GM, I'd probably go the route of drafting an OL early, resign Humphries or tag him, add a free agent RT.

I think the Cardinals should shoot for an impact DL free agent and bring in a good depth Frostee-like type. I'm in the camp that ILB isn't a huge priority. I also agree with Chopper from the Swearinger cut thread, this gives the Thompsons a chance to show what they got. I've often thought that maybe Baker is miscast playing deep and that he would be better playing SS.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This may ************ off like as ass, but there are some aspects of the job where I believe members of this board could do equally as well as Keim. A GMs job is more about surrounding yourself with smart people, being able to communicate effectively, making hard decisions to achieve and meet organizational goals, and creating a positive culture.

We are probably, as a group, more equipped to speak about the front office and GM than we are about the coaching and playing on the field.

One thing that is really irking me the more I think about it, was Rosen's comments that Keim never talked to him. I brushed it aside at the time (Cardinal red colored glasses), but the more I think about it, the more I realize what a bitch move that was.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
One thing that is really irking me the more I think about it, was Rosen's comments that Keim never talked to him. I brushed it aside at the time (Cardinal red colored glasses), but the more I think about it, the more I realize what a bitch move that was.
He was either just being a jerk and didn't care to talk to Josh or he was being a p***y and didn't want to deal with the situation.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I know Chopper stated in another thread that we shouldn't be surprised if the top pick is a receiver.

I like the cast of receivers the Cardinals have, but none have proven themselves as go to receivers. Murray would really benefit by having a guy that can consistently get open all of the time, maybe more so than having another offensive lineman.

IF I were GM, I'd probably go the route of drafting an OL early, resign Humphries or tag him, add a free agent RT.

I think the Cardinals should shoot for an impact DL free agent and bring in a good depth Frostee-like type. I'm in the camp that ILB isn't a huge priority. I also agree with Chopper from the Swearinger cut thread, this gives the Thompsons a chance to show what they got. I've often thought that maybe Baker is miscast playing deep and that he would be better playing SS.

I think it makes the most sense, from an economic and draft/FA flexibility perspective, to resign Hump.

As long as his asking price is not too high however. There would be a tipping point, I don't know what it would be, (18 million per year?), where you would just have to let him go. Where it not be worth it.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He was either just being a jerk and didn't care to talk to Josh or he was being a p***y and didn't want to deal with the situation.
I think Keim is an arrogant cornholio. I think he doesn't believe he owes anyone anything and likes to flex his positional power. I think this is different from BA in that BA had a relationship based upon mutual respect and honesty with his players. That is why he could be brutally honest with them. I think Keim believed his position entitles him to the same type of relationship but he has burned a bunch of relationships with players by being dishonest with them. Being an ass and a liar is rarely a combination that people appreciate and want from their top-level decision makers.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think it makes the most sense, from an economic and draft/FA flexibility perspective, to resign Hump.

As long as his asking price is not too high however. There would be a tipping point, I don't know what it would be, (18 million per year?), where you would just have to let him go. Where it not be worth it.
If you are looking for a comparable contract...Donovan Smith signed a 3 year, 41.25 million dollar contract with the Bucs this offseason with 27 mil guaranteed. That comes out to $13.750 mil per year. I wouldn't start the negotiations at that number, but I would be willing to pay up to that...maybe as high as 14 per.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
If you are looking for a comparable contract...Donovan Smith signed a 3 year, 41.25 million dollar contract with the Bucs this offseason with 27 mil guaranteed. That comes out to $13.750 mil per year. I wouldn't start the negotiations at that number, but I would be willing to pay up to that...maybe as high as 14 per.

That sounds good.

If Hump can stay healthy, he might improve some as he moves through the prime of his career (he's 25 now).

By the third year of that contract, 15 million per year might appear to be a bargain.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave