How long will our Search for a H.C. Take?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Upon further investigation I’m for Frank Reich.
He’s got experience. He’s done a good job under less than perfect conditions. He doesn’t have a lawsuit hanging around.

Let’s mot wait too long so we can get a staff together.
I'm with you on that. There's some good OC's & DC's out there still but none of them have HC experience. I've also warmed up to Flores because even with the lawsuit he's still a possibility. Bidwill is also a lawyer & if Monti recommends him, Bidwill may just hire him? Reich has a winning record as a HC 40-33-1. Among the coordinators left here would be my list if I were Bidwill.

1. Ben Johnson OC Lions

2. Demeco Ryans DC 49ers

3. Ken Dorsey OC Bills

I know Ryans is supposed to interview or maybe he already did? Ben Johnson said he was staying with the Lions but that could change if Bidwill calls? I think Dorsey has or had an interview scheduled with the Panthers. I really think Bidwill will go with the safe choices with experience in the end though. Reich or Flores.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm with you on that. There's some good OC's & DC's out there still but none of them have HC experience. I've also warmed up to Flores because even with the lawsuit he's still a possibility. Bidwill is also a lawyer & if Monti recommends him, Bidwill may just hire him? Reich has a winning record as a HC 40-33-1. Among the coordinators left here would be my list if I were Bidwill.

1. Ben Johnson OC Lions

2. Demeco Ryans DC 49ers

3. Ken Dorsey OC Bills

I know Ryan's is supposed to interview or maybe he already did? Ben Johnson said he was staying with the Lions but that could change if Bidwill calls? I think Dorsey has or had an interview scheduled with the Panthers. I really think Bidwill will go with the safe choices with experience in the end though. Reich or Flores.
Correct me if I’m wrong but if these guys are already employed in the same position can/ why would they come here?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not hard to do ! Lol. I thought you were talking about a staff for Reich. My bad.
Obviously they couldn't hire Ryans or Dorsey until the 49ers & Bills are finished in the playoffs or SB. They could hire Ben Johnson right now if he were to interview.

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I only have about 24 hours left since I picked Wednesday.

Last edited:

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I never thought Payton would come here but would people think giving up a first is too steep if the end product meant hoisting Lombardi?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Why does anybody care what Payton's salary is? It's not your money. If Bidwill wants to pay him 35mill, other than the other owners who'd have to pay coaches more, who cares? The Saints won't get the #3 pick either. That said, I don't think Payton will be hired but the asking price is insignificant.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why does anybody care what Payton's salary is? It's not your money. If Bidwill wants to pay him 35mill, other than the other owners who'd have to pay coaches more, who cares?
I'll restate this for you, which has been posted several times. The issue is with that large of a GUARANTEED COACH's salary, the pull on a cash-strapped owner/club is large. This will affect player signing bonuses, player guaranteed contracts, etc. They are interrelated.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll restate this for you, which has been posted several times. The issue is with that large of a GUARANTEED COACH's salary, the pull on a cash-strapped owner/club is large. This will affect player signing bonuses, player guaranteed contracts, etc. They are interrelated.
Yup it’s not insignificant to the Bidwill but would be to Jerry Jones…. People saying otherwise are just being silly.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think by Thursday we have a HC
Do you think the Cardinals should factor into their interview process how many media appearances each prospective coach regularly makes? Asking for a friend.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
There's not 1 NFL owner that is cash strapped. Some may not be as mega rich as others but they're all swimming in money.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's not 1 NFL owner that is cash strapped. Some may not be as mega rich as others but they're all swimming in money.

I'd be curious to see what your BIL thinks about the cash that teams have to pay out for guaranteed contracts when the plyer/coach is no longer with a team.

Maybe not compared to me and you, but a $20M pull is noticeable.

The CARDS are worth 30th out of the 32 teams and the Operating Income is toward the bottom of the league.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do you think the Cardinals should factor into their interview process how many media appearances each prospective coach regularly makes? Asking for a friend.

Only when the HC is the face of the franchise and it's apparent leader