How Hands On Is Michael Bidwill?

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Is MB going to pick our next Head Coach? Or will Monti pick our new Head Coach - and then have his choice approved?

I personally think it's a little bit of both but Monti is the guy who will have to work with the new hire. Monti and the new head coach will have to have the same vision for the future

Think of Monti as the restaurant manager and the new head coach as the chef. If the restaurant owner wants either to be successful he needs to stay the hell out of the kitchen

Michael Bidwill isn't Jerry Jones. That's why he hired a real general manager. And Monti isn't the King of England, he's gotta have a real power because he aint just here for ceremonial purposes

I'm guessing MB will be involved, but mostly as the bank and for final approval

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
When the boss asks for consensus on decisions, my experience is that everyone goes with what the boss wants.

Monti’s first act as GM isn’t going to be telling the owner that he’s making a bad decision on the head coach selection.

Michael says he’s not hands-on as an owner, but I don’t know of other owners who do weekly film breakdowns.

Monti was the franchise’s second choice for the role.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He seems more hands-on now with Monti than with KK.

I refuse to be serious until we actually hire someone!

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think he is somewhere in the middle, and it probably fluctuates pending the topic. I think Monti will direct him to the coach Monti / Sears wants as it’s up to them to build the team for their “choice”. In the draft room MB always has that deer in headlights look when players were talked about and just seemed to go with whatever Kiem spewed out that moment. MO needs to put his stamp on this team and I hope he does and convinces MB otherwise

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
I don’t think you considered hands on to want to want weekly sessions with KK given the rollercoaster that was his record. It would be more weird if he didn’t want that.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
When the boss asks for consensus on decisions, my experience is that everyone goes with what the boss wants.

Monti’s first act as GM isn’t going to be telling the owner that he’s making a bad decision on the head coach selection.

Michael says he’s not hands-on as an owner, but I don’t know of other owners who do weekly film breakdowns.

Monti was the franchise’s second choice for the role.
Do we know if MB did the film stuff with coaches other than Kliff? I wonder if he was trying to understand what was wrong and trying not to blame Kliff for the struggles.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
im sticking with my bad manager hypothesis

weekly film sessions with coaches says he didnt trust his GM's evaluation.

i hope Monti has the spine to define how it needs to work

it has happened before with Arians

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
It always seemed MB Kliff and Kiem tried to work together as a team. I didn’t think that was a bad thing. Although it failed miserably lol

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don’t think you considered hands on to want to want weekly sessions with KK given the rollercoaster that was his record. It would be more weird if he didn’t want that.

Do we know if MB did the film stuff with coaches other than Kliff? I wonder if he was trying to understand what was wrong and trying not to blame Kliff for the struggles.
He did it at least back to Arians.

But honestly what insight is this failson going to bring to a group of professional football coaches when breaking down film?

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I'm hearing that MB is stepping back from a lot of the day to day operations stuff that he used to be a part of with regards to the team.
From what I’ve heard this has definitely taken place since Monti was hired! Great move by the owner! Now hire a VP who knows this league inside out :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose