How good would this team with Ceedee Lamb?

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Cards4thebowl, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Cards4thebowl

Cards4thebowl Banned

He looks like like a young TO out there we would literally be the Greatest Show On the Desert.

2. CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks Not So Skeptical Contributor

I was all for drafting him, but when Simmons dropped to us it seemed like a no brainer. Hopefully Simmons starts to make that the clear right move in the near future.

3. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

Once we got Hopkins it became obvious the Cards didn’t want to go through a rookies learning curve.

Let’s hope in a couple of years we will be jumping for joy because we drafted Simmons.

4. TaylorSwift

TaylorSwift Registered

We would be unstoppable offensively

Harry likes this.
  5. PACardsFan

PACardsFan Registered User

Once we traded for Hopkins, there was NO WAY we were going to draft Lamb. I loved the kid, but the trade freed us up to draft defense, which was a necessity. Give Simmons the time he missed with no camp & we can discuss the pick then.

6. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

He's obviously really good but making decisions on a WR after they played Atlanta seems like a risky proposition

Week 1 Russell Wilson 322 yards passing 4 TD's, 2 receivers over 90 yards. The Falcons have allowed 78 points in 2 games , 372 yards passing per game.

Honestly Dallas getting only 1 TD almost looks bad

7. CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks Not So Skeptical Contributor

To be fair Wilson had an even better game than that this week against the Pats.

8. Zeno

Zeno Ancient

I think he may be more Torry Holt than TO, he just isn't built to play TO's game. I really liked Lamb and had we traded down he'd have been a good choice but the defense needed help and we took one of the few consensus defensive blue chips in the draft.

jf-08 and gimpy like this.
  9. Totally_Red

Totally_Red Air Raid Warning!

Not as good as we are with DeAndre Hopkins, Larry Fitzgerald, and Andy Isabella.

10. Russ Smith

Oh it's 2 games I don't know if Atlanta is horrible or they just played 2 good QB's either.

I'm just saying it's hard to make any judgements on a passing game using Atlanta because so far their pass defense is horrible.

I think Lamb is terrific, I was fine taking him or Jeudy until we got Hopkins. I wouldn't have screamed if we still took one of them but I'm still happy with taking Simmons I think he's going to be a great player for us.

Lamb was the obvious rookie WR that figured to have a big impact, Dallas led the NFL in yards last year and were 2nd in passing yards, 5th in rushing yardage. They basically brought back the skills guys minus Cobb and Witten. So it was pretty clear Lamb was going to replace Cobb and have a chance to put up big numbers and it looks like he will. I have no idea who their TE is.

I think he'd be terrific for us too.

jf-08 likes this.
  11. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Registered User

We have the better QB and WR... but overall they have a better WR group and RB

12. SoonerLou

SoonerLou Registered

I dont understand this logic. Dak had 3 1 yard TD runs. Its why I no longer care too much about passer rating. No need to force a pass when you can get in the endzone via a QB draw or by a RB

13. iLLmatiC

iLLmatiC Drive-by Poster

Are we thinking November?

PACardsFan likes this.
  14. Russ Smith

Both he and Jeudy are going to have to get stronger it's really the one thing you notice with them both they look slender compared to lots of other NFL WR's. So does Hopkins and he seems to be just fine so maybe it won't matter. Jeudy took a big hit over the middle in the 2nd quarter and had to come off for a bit, but came back in and finished the game despite clearly being in some pain. Not that all NFL Wr's aren't at risk of that but I think both guys will probably need to get a bit stronger to protect themselves there.

If Simmons continues to struggle well into the season I'll be a lot more of the we should have taken the WR I guess but I loved the pick at the time and it's still too early for me to write him off.

15. Russ Smith

I was joking. They put up 40 points I was just saying they only had 1 passing TD.

I didn't see the game just the highlights, looks like Lamb was huge in that game