How Good is the Trio of Booker, Warren, and Ayton?

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I was curious about the highest-scoring trios in the NBA, and figured there has to be a stat guru here who knows an easy way to get this info. Top three scorers combined from each team is what I am looking for. Anyone know an easy way to find that info?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s a good trio, a guard, forward and center. Defense can be an issue with those three but man they can get the ball in the hoop. Hopefully as time goes they can develope when they get their points in the flow of the game. Right now it’s ayton early then falls off in the second half. Warren is sporadic but I like that dynamic about him. And then we know it’s “Booker time” near the end of the game. I’m not fond of booker-time when we still have 5-8 minutes to go in the 4th.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score

Sunstroke

Veteran
Reaction score
The Ingredients for a playoff team require three stud starters. Warren doesn't fit the bill as the number three guy. Yes, he's a terrific scorer and better served, imo, off the bench when Book's on the bench. Sun's still need that big number 3 star player. Whether they get that guy via trade or in free agency, they need a proven all-star type player. Warren is great, mind you, but not part of the big 3, playoff equation starting five.

Errntknght

Reaction score
I was curious about the highest-scoring trios in the NBA, and figured there has to be a stat guru here who knows an easy way to get this info. Top three scorers combined from each team is what I am looking for. Anyone know an easy way to find that info?

I can tell you the top 3 scorers for any team back to the 1988-1989 season
For instance Parish, Bird, McKale in 88-89 combined for 60.4 points per game.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd think Steph, Klay, and Durant are the highest scoring trio in the league right now.

Couldn't find an article that listed the highest trios of all time but found this quiz that lists the highest scoring trio from every team throughout the 1980-81 Season. Took me 2 turns to get it done using Basketball Reference, here's a link and I'm posting an image with everything filled in.

https://www.sporcle.com/games/sultanofswing/nba-highest-scoring-trios-by-team

You must be registered for see images attach

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I guess Nash never scored enough to be part of a high scoring trio with Amare and Marion.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember a high scoring group of 4 players when Sweet D first joined Alex English, Fat Lever and the little point guard from Boston College (too lazy to look up the name). I would think that ********* would be at least in the 60+ group and Walter scored well off of the bench for them. Of course, that was Doug Moe so high scoring is a given for them.

Drop_D

Rookie
Reaction score
Alex English (28.4 pts) was part of the top scoring trio in NBA history, with fellow Nuggets, Kiki Vandeweghe (26.7) and Dan Issel (21.6) in 82-83.

I ran across this in Wikipedia while looking up where Run TMC placed on this list. Their 72.5 point avg for the 90-91 season was 2nd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alex English (28.4 pts) was part of the top scoring trio in NBA history, with fellow Nuggets, Kiki Vandeweghe (26.7) and Dan Issel (21.6) in 82-83.

I ran across this in Wikipedia while looking up where Run TMC placed on this list. Their 72.5 point avg for the 90-91 season was 2nd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not surprised, that would have been early in Doug Moe's Denver run. Those teams were a lot of fun to watch, even for a Suns fan. Although I have nothing but a bitter taste in my mouth these days any time Issel gets mentioned after what he pulled with the Dice affair.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not surprised, that would have been early in Doug Moe's Denver run. Those teams were a lot of fun to watch, even for a Suns fan. Although I have nothing but a bitter taste in my mouth these days any time Issel gets mentioned after what he pulled with the Dice affair.
Those teams were just constant motion. Not much defense but great offense.

Errntknght

Reaction score
I remember a high scoring group of 4 players when Sweet D first joined Alex English, Fat Lever and the little point guard from Boston College (too lazy to look up the name). I would think that ********* would be at least in the 60+ group and Walter scored well off of the bench for them. Of course, that was Doug Moe so high scoring is a given for them.

I think Michael Adams was the little guard. The only years I have for the quartet you mentioned was 88-89 and 89-90 and their numbers were:
Davis 15.6, Adams 18.5, Lever 19.9, English 26.5
Adams 15.5, Davis 17.5, English 17.9, Lever 18.3

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Michael Adams was the little guard. The only years I have for the quartet you mentioned was 88-89 and 89-90 and their numbers were:
Davis 15.6, Adams 18.5, Lever 19.9, English 26.5
Adams 15.5, Davis 17.5, English 17.9, Lever 18.3

So, 64.9 for the trio and 80.5 for the quartet. Not record setting I guess, but still impressive. I guess by that time English was slowing down a bit. He was an incredible scorer in his day. And yes, Adams was the undersized PG I was thinking of. Back then, I followed college basketball much more than I did the NBA with the exception of the Suns, Spurs and Celtics and Adams, though small, was a very effective Big East PG.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
No love for Bibby, Peja and C-Webb? Those Kings teams were a better and more complete version of the mid-00’ Suns. Shame that they suffered from bad luck and injuries as well.

Errntknght

Reaction score
No love for Bibby, Peja and C-Webb? Those Kings teams were a better and more complete version of the mid-00’ Suns. Shame that they suffered from bad luck and injuries as well.

That team lacked the killer instrict and I thought it likely came from the coach. I rather enjoyed seeing them run their textbook Princeton offense. Of course they did kill the Suns a time or two.