How good are the Rams?

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Here is what we need to happen.

We need to get the #1 seed. We need the Bucs to have the 4th seed.

I think the Rams can knock off the Bucs. Styles make fights and we need to get rid of the biggest threat first. At least one of them would be out so we wouldnt have to go through both.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is what we need to happen.

We need to get the #1 seed. We need the Bucs to have the 4th seed.

I think the Rams can knock off the Bucs. Styles make fights and we need to get rid of the biggest threat first. At least one of them would be out so we wouldnt have to go through both.

As much as I want the bye, how we play on the road I am good against anyone but GB

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As much as I want the bye, how we play on the road I am good against anyone but GB

I’d love to see someone else knock the Bucs out for us. I think they’re the only team that can match up with top flight talent and depth and they have the championship experience none of the other contenders have. Beating the GOAT to get to and win our first ever Super Bowl would be beyond amazing, but if we don’t have to face the GOAT and a loaded team, I won’t cry about it.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d love to see someone else knock the Bucs out for us. I think they’re the only team that can match up with top flight talent and depth and they have the championship experience none of the other contenders have. Beating the GOAT to get to and win our first ever Super Bowl would be beyond amazing, but if we don’t have to face the GOAT and a loaded team, I won’t cry about it.

I am going straight Suns and saying we play the BUCS in round 2 and beat them

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Stafford is still Stafford, great when ahead, rattled if not. as good as we are I think we are still ascending, our best football is yet to come. I don’t feel the same about the rams.

Henderson is a beast at times, Kupp is a dagger every down. Will see what Von Miller brings to the defense, because it is good, but plateaued don’t see it getting much better without Von. see how he fits chemistry wise, might be a struggle, just a gut feeling.

Ramsey is a bad az - but can’t cover everybody on our crew. Him and hop has a old west showdown coming up Will be interesting, but AJ ain’t a scared of him either, he has seen a few Ramsey’s as a number 1 receiver for a decade. And Kyler places the ball great.

Rams are good, yes they can beat us, but it depends on US! Nobody can beat us, we have continuity and consistency, when we run a balanced game plan,

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
The last Rams game, they actually looked beatable. I feel the coaching staff is starting to gradually lose this team; whereas Cards look like the opposite. Coaches talking back to opposing team's players, sticking up for each other. When someone messes with a Card, everyone circles around the opposing player having their fellow Card's back. That kind of body language and behavior is timeless and it's real.

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
some stuff from Football Outsiders

You must be registered for see images attach

what this says is that aside from our AZ Cardinals being ranked #1 in DVOA -- they have played the 10th hardest schedule to date, and their future schedule is the 15th hardest

the Rams have played the 16th hardest schedule, but play the No.1 hardest schedule going forward.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rams still have to play teams currently with winning records:
at Packers
at Ravens
at Cardinals

Cardinals still have to play teams currently with winning records
Rams
at Cowboys

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Cardinals are the best team right now but as others have said, any given Sunday.

and to be clear -- i started down this path to try to figure out how the Cards and Rams seemed likely to end up

what jumped out to me was the Rams have had the easiest schedule of the NFC West teams and were 1-2 vs teams with a winning record. Their two losses were multi-score losses.

also: the Rams have the hardest schedule (both overall and the NFC West) for the remainder.

all that being said, i consider the rematch with the Rams to be a pick-em kinda game

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They are an opponent that can win any game. End of story. But I think that Stafford folds under real pressure. He had some good teams in the first decade and still manage to lose to opponents that shouldn't have beat them. Also when they had good D he couldn't elevate enough players to get to the post season. I'm still to the date one of the guys that never wanted Stafford to be a Cards, exactly for this. He rarely won against .500+ teams and never one a playoff game in more than a decade in the NFL. And McVay is a good OC not always a great HC and I don't know if he can keep all the divas happy. What will happen if the Divas fire on Stafford or McVay? Great team overall, but I don't know if they have more than a two year SB window, and I'm not sure if the latest addition where what they really needed to win the NFC, but we will see.

But it's clear, Von Miller can't stop Kyler and OBJ can't outrun our CB or ILB (expect for Hicks maybe) so I don't know, if this moves really put them ahead of anybody. Maybe von Miller for TB and OBJ for us to play him as the safty net that Stafford needs. Maybe?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
They are exactly what I thought they would be when they traded for the most overrated QB outside of Kirk Cousins
All of this nonsense about Detroit holding him down. We have seen numerous times where Stafford choked in big moments. Every time it looked like the Lions might make some noise, Stafford would fall on his face. It happened again today.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem they have now is that their OL is breaking down so Stafford is throwing with people in his face and then the old problem he's had is cropping up.

In todays game he lost a fumble, threw a picksix, had a pick dropped, and then on the last drive Stokes dropped a picksix. Just like our game he had several bad throws where someone is open.

as many of us said on OBJ, he is great but he's not healthy, he had a 54 yard TD today but then hurt his back, again, and was visibly limping and grimacing at the end of teh game and that's coming off a bye week. I'll be very surprised if he lasts the season with that back.

And while still a great player one of the greatest DL's ever can we just say once and for all Aaron Donald is a dirty player? Twice today he had a Packer OL by the throat and I don't mean accidental I mean grab and hold on to the throat couldn't believe they were not called.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And while still a great player one of the greatest DL's ever can we just say once and for all Aaron Donald is a dirty player? Twice today he had a Packer OL by the throat and I don't mean accidental I mean grab and hold on to the throat couldn't believe they were not calcalled

He did it right in front of the ref and no call

Bizarre that he doesn't get called on doing that

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose