How far are you willing to trade back?

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
With the following players likely gone before we pick, how far back are are willing to drop to grab some more pics.

Gone by 8
1. QB Burrow
2. OLB Chase Young
3. QB Tua
4. QB Justin Herbert

Might be there
5. CB Okudah
6. LB Simmons
7. OT Wills
8. DL Brown
9. OT Thomas
10. OT Wirfs

Likey there
11. DT Kinlaw
12. OT Beckton
13. WR Jeudy
14. WR Lamb
15. OLB Chaisson
16. WR Ruggs
17. WR Jefferson
18. MLB - Murray
19. MLB Queen

That is prob as far as I would personally trade back. I really would like to grab a pick in the 2nd or late first that could get us Grant Delpit. I know he has fallen in most mock draft but I think he will be one of the best players in the draft when we look back a few years from now.

The colts have the 13th pick and 2 second rounders.

Therefore. my ideal scenario is be to trade back with the colts, take Kinlaw, Chaisson, or any OT still available. with the 2nd round pick snag delpit.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SF has the 13th pick now not the Colts and will certainly be taking one of Jeudy, Lamb, or Ruggs.

I don't want to go below 12 because we won't be drafting this high next year.

The only exception would be some sort of crazy deal involving multiple 1sts and at least a 2nd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
You dont trade back if we want a plug and play OT. Using our top pick on a WR makes no sense to me. How many do we need for gods sake when we have so many weak positions on our team. Would you really want to marry your second choice for a wife when you can have the one you truly want?

i cant stress enough that we are in a league with teams who built their offence around the run. We need to put emphasis on our D to be able to stop that. It should be priority 1 on D.

No matter how many we have or good our WRs are, wont matter when our opponents know that if they throw the kitchen sink at our anemic OL each play our QB will never have time to find our great WRs. Improving our OL should be priority 1 on offence.

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You dont trade back if we want a plug and play OT. Using our top pick on a WR makes no sense to me. How many do we need for gods sake when we have so many weak positions on our team. Would you really want to marry your second choice for a wife when you can have the one you truly want?

i cant stress enough that we are in a league with teams who built their offence around the run. We need to put emphasis on our D to be able to stop that. It should be priority 1 on D.

No matter how many we have or good our WRs are, wont matter when our opponents know that if they throw the kitchen sink at our anemic OL each play our QB will never have time to find our great WRs. Improving our OL should be priority 1 on offence.

build the front 7 on defense or offensive line. That’s it. If for some miracle Okudah falls then take him I get it but I highly doubt he will be there

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm not moving back further than 12, and honestly, I'll be sour if we trade back.

I think Keim is gonna try to get cute, and then get leapfrogged for the guy he actually wants, all so we can net an extra third rounder and take someone of zero consequence.

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I really don't know which of the three Oline are the best I like Wills but Becton and Wilf would be ok with me.. I wouldn't mind dropping down to a spot that would give us one of those and get us a second.. maybe even for one of the receivers.. but I was thinking Lamb only because of the possibility of a smooth transition. I like Wills and Lamb because they seem the most consistent at their positions. I don't want to have a high risk high reward pick..

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Early 10s, but its gonna be for atleast 2 2nd rounders

I think a lot of us are seriously overvaluing the #8 pick...we aren’t moving back just a few spots and getting a second round pick. It would be similar to what we gave up to draft Rosen...a third and a fifth.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I think a lot of us are seriously overvaluing the #8 pick...we aren’t moving back just a few spots and getting a second round pick. It would be similar to what we gave up to draft Rosen...a third and a fifth.
Agreed. Someone would have to be in love with a prospect that teams were competing over to get anything more. I don't see teams being in love with any player that wouldn't help us more than just taking him.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
In summary it means we don’t really have a reason to trade back since its not in our interest. Not for a 3rd and 5th. Its gotta be a minimum 2nd rounder or no deal.
Exactly. If someone wants to move up a few spots, pay up or no deal.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Depends on the Price. If a team want to leverage their future drafts for 1 player that They desperately want, I would be willing to Trade back into the buttom of the first.

Otherwise down to #12

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I don’t know that I would bother trading
Just pick the best trench player at 8 and move on
Our second round pick already won this draft for us

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You could go all the way back to 20 using that list and still get someone thats a major upgrade.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave