how do you think we should spend our money this offseason?

Cody

i love defense
Reaction score
i say we bring in another proven receiver first. then look at the o-line. i'm still on the fence about the QB situation. if something like getting peyton manning at a fair deal was available then i'd do that. but i would be okay with seeing skelton and kolb battle it out, as long as we improve areas around them. and for the draft i would say best available player unless it's a QB. idealy i'd like a good future FS/SS in the draft.

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
1. Resign CC
2. Peyton

I am not worried about receivers. The Pats are doing very well with TEs receiving and The Broncos did well with their receivers catching 2 balls per game.

Upgrade the O line and LBs either through the draft or hire a journeyman Tackle.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Faster than the Stephen Williams' jerseys ?? :shrug: :D

williams,"Hi Mr B, you wanted to see me?"

Mike,"Manning is taking your number effective immediately"

williams,"but,but, I dont wanna give up my number"

Mike,"I hear footlocker at Fiesta mall has #18 available if you would prefer...."

williams,"so,......is 17 available? any number is fine really..."

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Getting a deal done with Campbell has to be priority #1.

After that as long as Kevin Skelton is our QB and Russ Grimm the oline coach there's really nothing the team can do other than hope to win games 13-6.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
williams,"Hi Mr B, you wanted to see me?"

Mike,"Manning is taking your number effective immediately"

williams,"but,but, I dont wanna give up my number"

Mike,"I hear footlocker at Fiesta mall has #18 available if you would prefer...."

williams,"so,......is 17 available? any number is fine really..."

LOL

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I think we ought to pay more taxes because our wages are lower.

OP
OP
Cody

Cody

i love defense
Reaction score
1. Resign CC
2. Peyton

I am not worried about receivers. The Pats are doing very well with TEs receiving and The Broncos did well with their receivers catching 2 balls per game.

Upgrade the O line and LBs either through the draft or hire a journeyman Tackle.

Got to resign Campbell and then rebuild the offensive line.

Must be why he is "splitsecond". :)

Cody - How can you not mention CC as a top priority?

i need to put the drugs down. idk how the HECK that slipped my mind :bang:

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I heard Bill has his eye on this bad boy.

You must be registered for see images

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I don't see Whiz as being a big supporter of getting Manning in Cardinal red. I think we can all agree Whiz has a pretty big ego and a stubborn streak.

He has heard and read that there is a popular theory that Warner guided the team to the Super Bowl, not Whiz. Can you imagine if Manning came here and the Cards ended up in another Super Bowl. This would just re-inforce the idea that it was the QB who took this team to the big dance, not Whiz. I'm not sure he could handle that again.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't see Whiz as being a big supporter of getting Manning in Cardinal red. I think we can all agree Whiz has a pretty big ego and a stubborn streak.

He has heard and read that there is a popular theory that Warner guided the team to the Super Bowl, not Whiz. Can you imagine if Manning came here and the Cards ended up in another Super Bowl. This would just re-inforce the idea that it was the QB who took this team to the big dance, not Whiz. I'm not sure he could handle that again.

Well, I don't think Whiz is that small and insecure.

(My source? Same as yours.)

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

What is funny is that Ken has a very positive reputation for dealing with veteran players fairly, and giving them oppotunities to play.

I also find it humerous that anyone can believe that Ken cares who takes them to a Super Bowl over going to the Super Bowl. He wants to win, and like most coaches realizes that he doesn't make plays on the field. He wants the best players plain and simple.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
What is funny is that Ken has a very positive reputation for dealing with veteran players fairly, and giving them oppotunities to play.

I also find it humerous that anyone can believe that Ken cares who takes them to a Super Bowl over going to the Super Bowl. He wants to win, and like most coaches realizes that he doesn't make plays on the field. He wants the best players plain and simple.

I've been around too many coaches to buy into that without getting some really solid information from people very close to CKW. I've never played for or assisted a coach who wasn't biased toward players in some respect. I know its likely worse at the High School level and to some extent in college though so that's why I write that I'd like to get some solid insider information before forming an opinion on Whisenhunt.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I've been around too many coaches to buy into that without getting some really solid information from people very close to CKW. I've never played for or assisted a coach who wasn't biased toward players in some respect. I know its likely worse at the High School level and to some extent in college though so that's why I write that I'd like to get some solid insider information before forming an opinion on Whisenhunt.

I understand that there are always going to be players that coaches favor over others, it's human nature. I don't believe that a professional coach, whose job is very much season to season, is going to intentionally pass on a Hall of Fame QB because he is afraid that the QB will upstage him. It just doesn't happen. Situations like Cutler and McDaniels happen, but not the other way around unless there is previous history between the two.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I understand that there are always going to be players that coaches favor over others, it's human nature. I don't believe that a professional coach, whose job is very much season to season, is going to intentionally pass on a Hall of Fame QB because he is afraid that the QB will upstage him. It just doesn't happen. Situations like Cutler and McDaniels happen, but not the other way around unless there is previous history between the two.

I don't know man, there are some huge egos out there. :D

But most of the bias I've seen from coaches comes from personality conflicts or reputation or just plain old misjudging a guys talent. We see coaching bias every year as coaches bring in guys they know from other teams regardless of whether they are better talents that the guys they replace. Like you wrote, it's human nature.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd