How Did the Cards Get to Collins?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We'll see. I don't have faith that VJ gets him on the field immediately.

Hearing the press conference, Keim will force Joseph to play them
It looks like he was pissed off about last season when Joseph barely used Simmons

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hearing the press conference, Keim will force Joseph to play them
It looks like he was pissed off about last season when Joseph barely used Simmons

It seemed like VJ got gun-shy with Simmons after he had a couple whiffs in the Niners opener game. But Simmons definitely flashed later in the year when he actually got to play. Hopefully with a full offseason Collins will be ready to go to start the season... if not VJ has got to go...

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I don't have a lot of physical questions about Collins. One thing that people are dismissing a little easily is the impact his height will have in taking on and shedding blocks at this level. If there's one thing that I noticed from the FO article it was that Collins plays extremely upright and he's going to have to learn how to get low and get under the pads of NFL linemen.
Yes and that is a legitimate concern. Getting off blocks seems to be his biggest weakness, hopefully he can be taught better technique from Bill Davis (can't believe I typed that), and make some gains in the department.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave