how did all of you UA "fans" fail to mention this?

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whoops grand daughter, her dad was a wrestler too.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Uncle is The Rock, too. Pretty cool, even though I haven't been interested in pro wrestling since high school.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how did all of you UA "fans" fail to mention this?

1. Because it is women's volleyball and UA fans care about men's basketball #1 and football #2. Baseball has been pretty good as well as swimming but volleyball is pretty low on the totem pole.

2. Being a granddaughter of a pro wrestler is like being the granddaughter of a B-list movie actor. Nobody really cares.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. Because it is women's volleyball and UA fans care about men's basketball #1 and football #2. Baseball has been pretty good as well as swimming but volleyball is pretty low on the totem pole.

2. Being a granddaughter of a pro wrestler is like being the granddaughter of a B-list movie actor. Nobody really cares.

As a buddy of mine said when I posted this on FB, can you imagine being at a family luau. All those former wrestlers in the same family.

I think it's awesome.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess it has to do with me, at least, not being a "fan" of wrestling at all.. Never heard of the guy..

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess it has to do with me, at least, not being a "fan" of wrestling at all.. Never heard of the guy..

He was popular in the 80's Gee so probably before your time.

He was at the tail end of his career when Wrestling made it's big comeback on cable tv.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He was at the tail end of his career when Wrestling made it's big comeback on cable tv.

Wrestling made a comeback? Must have been after my time.;)

Steve

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Being a graduate I follow all the sports and read her bio in the beginning of the year and wondered if any of her relatives would visit her and watch her play. Rubio has been there forever and it seems like every three years they have a good team. They swept the LA schools last week, with USC being ranked #1 in the country.

As mentioned by jw7, I think basketball is #1, football #2 and baseball #3 but the community supports all the programs, just look at softball, which usually is in the top-3 in the country in attendance.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Maybe you didn't understand me.. I don't care about wrestling, never have, never will.. :D haha

BTW.. I was born in the 70's.. So it was my time..

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wrestling made a comeback? Must have been after my time.;)

Steve

Wrestling had totally disappeared until the mid 80's when Cable tv started putting it on air. Hulk Hogan etc.

Then it got somewhat popular for awhile and seems to have gone away again.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe you didn't understand me.. I don't care about wrestling, never have, never will.. :D haha

BTW.. I was born in the 70's.. So it was my time..

gotcha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson