How 'desperate' are we at the CB position?

All Players Available at #23 being equal, which position do we need to fill most?

• RB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WR

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • OT

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • IOL

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • DT

• DE

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • OLB/Edge

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • CB

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • S

• Total voters

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I am confused by the contradictory posts on here and the write ups on the internet. It seems some think we can get by with what we have on one extreme, and others feel it is a top priority. I sort of remember it being of higher importance a few weeks ago than what is out there and seems to have been in here recently

So which way is it? Do we need to spend our R1 on a CB if one is there without reaching? Or are there definitely greater needs that will probably be available for us to fill?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It's certainly in our top 5 needs, if not our top 3.

I wouldn't place it ahead of OLB, though. I think it goes OLB, and WR2/CB kinda evenly.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For what its worth, Steve Keim insists that he drafts according to BPA and not according to need.

Harry suggests that Keim builds position “need” into his BPA rankings.

No one can read Keim’s mind but the guess is that the BPA path will lead him past CB to more talent at another position.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I vote offensive tackle because you did not seem to list the actual need on the OL because we need a guard, interior lineman
1) Guard, interior OL
2) DT
3) WR

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Only OT that could fall there at 23 and be worth that high a pick is Penning, IMO.

Should have a couple IOL worth the pick. I wouldn't mind someone who can play both OG and C as our need changes at those 2 positions.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I am confused by the contradictory posts on here and the write ups on the internet. It seems some think we can get by with what we have on one extreme, and others feel it is a top priority. I sort of remember it being of higher importance a few weeks ago than what is out there and seems to have been in here recently

So which way is it? Do we need to spend our R1 on a CB if one is there without reaching? Or are there definitely greater needs that will probably be available for us to fill?
We don't need to spend high draft capital on a CB right now.
The starters will likely be. Murphy, Wilson, and Gladney... that's a 2nd round pick,a 4th,and a 1st...and they are all under 25.

Some guys will whine about CB until you have Prime time and Anneas both in the backfield.... but we are in a good place with our youth right now.
A couple vets in the summer and maybe a 6th round pick and we are all set

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alford most likely is coming back too. I could see that being the group to start the season unless someone drops to us in the draft.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
IOL, WR, EDGE. The elite wide receivers and edge players may be gone by our pick.

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
After 23 I hate our position in R2 and R3. I would really like to see us trade back at 23 in exchange for moving way up higher in 2 and 3. Something like with the Jets: Give them our 3 top picks for their R2 3rd & 6th and R3 5th. Even if we have to throw in a 6th and/or 7th to make it work.

We could get 3 really decent players at top of 2nd AND top of 3rd. Huge difference between late 2nd and 3rd round prospects.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Free Agency is not over for the Cardinals. Depending on how the draft falls, and we never know how that will play out, we will sign more free agents. If either of the stud DT’s from UGA falls to us, and I think Wyatt could, then it would be VERY difficult for us not to draft him. He’s that good. Otherwise, we probably go Edge or WR. We may draft a CB, but not at 23, unless a pure stud drops to us.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose