How Breakfast Became a Thing - The Beguiling History of Breakfast

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pfft, I think BRR & oaken are the delicate flowers :)

I can slam a cold water bottle, no problem. Warm is just so......WARM. :D

I can chug it but I dont know about slamming it, cold water is much thicker than warm water :)

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score

Many of the studies are funded by the food industry, which has a clear bias. Kellogg funded a highly cited article that found that cereal for breakfast is associated with being thinner. The Quaker Oats Center of Excellence (part of PepsiCo) financed a trial that showed that eating oatmeal or frosted cornflakes reduced cholesterol (if you eat it in a highly controlled setting each weekday for four weeks), but did not reduce weight.

That industry is as filthy as most of the food it produces.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
pfft, I think BRR & oaken are the delicate flowers :)

I can slam a cold water bottle, no problem. Warm is just so......WARM. :D

I am a delicate flower..............

my daughter was just teasing me a few hours ago.....I can eat hot peppers, spicy foods,...things that should have been thrown away weeks ago...and never flinch.... but really cold water,...any type of tap water really...and my system goes into chaos mode

Dasani bottled water,...room temp or lightly cool...can drink it all day,..even warm/hot because it has been sitting in the sun...fine....

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I have to eat something in the morning - I can't eat much - some oatmeal, usually, but I need something in my stomach. And then something again around 9ish (I wake up around 6).

Morning is the best opportunity to burn off of stored energy because you've been fasting for a bit already. If I train in the morning I do so on an empty stomach, unless I'm doing very hard intervals.

If I'm not training, I'll wait a least 3 or 4 hours before eating. It gives my body a chance to burn fat stores for energy.

This took a long time to get used to though. I had to teach my body that it wasn't getting food, so it would adapt.

Imo where the articles and right and wrong: eat when you are hungry, not when it's "time to eat"

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

As long as you are hungry because your body needs food I agree. Too often we are hungry because of conditioned triggers.

Best thing for breakfast..... a tall glass of room temp purified alkaline pH water.

From Trader Joe's;

You must be registered for see images attach

Boom! Water is the best breakfast. The first thing I do is grab my nice cold jug of water from the fridge and drink it down. I like where you're going with the PH. I'm just getting into studying that.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
I am a delicate flower..............

my daughter was just teasing me a few hours ago.....I can eat hot peppers, spicy foods,...things that should have been thrown away weeks ago...and never flinch.... but really cold water,...any type of tap water really...and my system goes into chaos mode

Dasani bottled water,...room temp or lightly cool...can drink it all day,..even warm/hot because it has been sitting in the sun...fine....

You'd be in luck at my house. Thanks to crappy planning, my water comes out of the tap over a 100 degrees on any summer day.

Although out here in buckeye, the water is not really drinkable anyway. Sucks if you want to take a cold shower on a hot day though.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All this talk about breakfast. What about second breakfast? . - Pippin.
I don't think they know about second breakfast, Pip. - Merry

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson