How are you guys going to react if they select Treylon Burks

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Of late he seems to be falling off, and probably for good reasons, but what if that is who the Cards like. I think they brought him in for visit along with Jamison Williams at the WR position. What if Williams is off the board... I'm just saying the Cards might just stick to the tape which intrigued them and frankly he might be their selection and nobody is talking about this as a possibility
I have a funny feeling, sort of like when one buys tamales and you are not sure who made them after they seem to taste funny lol

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Meh.

Historically the redbirds rarely draft anybody they have in for a top 30 visit. But recently that seems to have changed.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would be fine with Burks as the pick. In fact, when you consider Hopkins and Moore, he might make the most sense as a WR pick. I really enjoyed watching him in Hogs games last year. He had that Beast Mode gear.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
So much more enjoyable than rolling into the draft knowing the team's taking a specific guy you don't want. That was me last year.
Lol
Last year was my first year to be down on the draft, I nearly missed it. Got to work and a guy asked me who my team was gonna pick...

" probably that Collins kid, not the best choice but that's who they will pick"

He comes back a few hours later to inform me I was correct.
But I still have high hopes for that Collins kid.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Meh.

Historically the redbirds rarely draft anybody they have in for a top 30 visit. But recently that seems to have changed.
Normally if u really like the prospect u don't need to have him for the visit, if u need to know something more about him cause there are some questions about him
But as u said recently we drafted the guys xho has been for the visit, especially last week visits

akg102

Veteran
Reaction score
I'd also be okay with Burks. At #23, I don't see many guys without some question marks.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just telling my dad that, moreso than any year I can remember, there are a massive number of players I’d be ok with at the pick.
I agree. It makes me feel pretty good, since I doubt Keim can screw it up. Worst case is he drafts like Edge6 or 7 instead of OG1/2.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Disappointed. He played mostly from the slot & ran a limited route tree & doesn’t run as well as most. Is he a TE or a WR? Hmmm.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Meh.

True, for sometime they would pick guys never had never brought in... almost seemed like a ploy to throw people off but then by the same token, they would openly use the other side of the spectrum and mention guys with favor that they really do like

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So much more enjoyable than rolling into the draft knowing the team's taking a specific guy you don't want. That was me last year.
That was me the year we took Reddick. Pretty sure I got banned like 7 minutes post pick. The only other first rounders that really drove me off the wall were Leinart and Cooper. On the flip side, outside of Murray, no other first rounder had me more pumped than Beanie Wells.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
That was me the year we took Reddick. Pretty sure I got banned like 7 minutes post pick. The only other first rounders that really drove me off the wall were Leinart and Cooper. On the flip side, outside of Murray, no other first rounder had me more pumped than Beanie Wells.
Oh, I haaaaaaaaaaaated that pick. And, much like Calvin Pace, it was indeed a stupid pick, because we weren't going to play him in the right position.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Late 1st round pick and a team with historical pedestrian run stats
I liked him too that time but Hightower drafted in the fifth have had more impact then him, since then i hated drafting rb early

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
honestly: he is ranked in the rough range

are we really so sure of our own draft evaluations that a pick like that could be a problem?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Burks couldn't make it through first day of Titans rookie camp. Out of shape.

I think he can play my argument against him was he seems very raw, not Michael Floyd issues off the field but on the field I get the impression he's not a guy who would pick up our system as quickly as others. We have so many options in our offense where you get the LOS and Kyler has RPO and then the WR's have to read the defense and run the route accordingly. I just didn't see any indication Burks was a guy who would be good right away for that reason. Brown is such a better idea in that regard because he has the connection to Kyler and has been in a similar offense in college.

I think Burks will be good but it will probably take him longer.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Burks couldn't make it through first day of Titans rookie camp. Out of shape.

Knew it. Took 2 articles to find it but Burks has a history of asthma. They said he actually tapped out twice in the practice.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose