How about a new forum

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
where world news events can be posted and will not end up in P & R ( eventually they will be moved there).

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to understand. Let's take a few random stories from today that fit your criteria.

Whitaker Testifies
SC Blocks LA Abortion Clinic Law
VA Gov Survives Scandal by Staying Out of Sight
Long Term Care Rape in AZ Spurs Surveillance Push
Iranian Women: Before and After the Revolution
Hungary's New Holocaust Museum Isn't Open Yet, But It's Already Causing Concern

What does the discussion look like that doesn't get political at all in your opinion.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you mean?

The divide and conquer comment is based on todays political system and how all everyone does in politics is blame the other party, finger point, name call and argue.

P&R has turned into that too.

So, Wally wants a forum to talk about all of that stuff without the I hate the other team talks.

But it wont happen.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The divide and conquer comment is based on todays political system and how all everyone does in politics is blame the other party, finger point, name call and argue.

P&R has turned into that too.

So, Wally wants a forum to talk about all of that stuff without the I hate the other team talks.

But it wont happen.

Thanks for the explanation on the D&C comment. I thought that might be what you meant but I wanted to be sure.

I don't like it when things get personal in P&R either, but I do realize these events happening right now don't happen in a vacuum. Real people are getting really affected by what our "leaders" are doing and I understand their passion about it. I guess I'm just wondering what a conversation about these subjects looks like where no one ever inserts their own ideology into it. I've been around P&R for a while and it's always been fiery. I miss a lot of the other voices from back in the day, but it was because of how passionate and opinionated they were. I'm guessing most of them moved on just to save their blood pressure! None of us are getting any younger and if you take these things to heart, it's just not that healthy in the long run. I enjoy all of the different points of view and I do my best not to internalize debates that I engage in. There is a lot to learn from others and even the points I disagree with teach me something most of the time.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation on the D&C comment. I thought that might be what you meant but I wanted to be sure.

I don't like it when things get personal in P&R either, but I do realize these events happening right now don't happen in a vacuum. Real people are getting really affected by what our "leaders" are doing and I understand their passion about it. I guess I'm just wondering what a conversation about these subjects looks like where no one ever inserts their own ideology into it. I've been around P&R for a while and it's always been fiery. I miss a lot of the other voices from back in the day, but it was because of how passionate and opinionated they were. I'm guessing most of them moved on just to save their blood pressure! None of us are getting any younger and if you take these things to heart, it's just not that healthy in the long run. I enjoy all of the different points of view and I do my best not to internalize debates that I engage in. There is a lot to learn from others and even the points I disagree with teach me something most of the time.

You just did what I wish to be avoided. Creative thinking and writing by a poster can avoid the "political" trash talk. If it goes "political" ( purposely ) then move it to the collection bin of P & R.
Separate business / financial / etc. from P & R

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

None of that is wrong and I take nothing to heart here really, was just explaining why he wants the forum. He's chasing the dragon.

TBH, I used to find P&R informative and adjusted a lot of views because of the discussion on it but they weren't as immediately nasty and vile as they are these days.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
None of that is wrong and I take nothing to heart here really, was just explaining why he wants the forum. He's chasing the dragon.

TBH, I used to find P&R informative and adjusted a lot of views because of the discussion on it but they weren't as immediately nasty and vile as they are these days.

You must be registered for see images attach

In reference to the nasty and vile, if a down vote/unlike were available balance could be added.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In reference to the nasty and vile, if a down vote/unlike were available balance could be added.

I think I remarked to BRR once that I was bummed that I had to 'like' his post before I could 'unlike' it....

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You just did what I wish to be avoided. Creative thinking and writing by a poster can avoid the "political" trash talk. If it goes "political" ( purposely ) then move it to the collection bin of P & R.
Separate business / financial / etc. from P & R

Well, I was just responding to BRR's understanding of what you were after.

Good luck on your forum.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can already do that in Everything Else, and we have a Finances forum as well.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You cant hide from it Wally, news cannot be discussed here anymore. Divide and Conquer.
Oh it can be discussed but it has to be only 1 side. I learned that the hard way on the P&R forum. Ban me once, shame on you. Ban me twice, shame on me. All because my political views differ.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can we get draft sub forum? I love me some all year round draft talk or is it ok if I use the all non Arizona college forum to list prospects. Idk What to do! Help!:help:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave