Houston Texans rookie WR John Metchie III diagnosed with leukemia

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
That is a tough beat. Texans gave Browns 3 picks to move up to take Metchie. Some teams just get in a rut and can't get away from the bad luck year after year. It's like being jinxed.

Poker is a perfect example of how luck runs bad sometimes. And I sure know the feeling, being an ex-poker player. I went over 3 whole months in a row losing with pocket Aces in Tex Holdem. I got to where in frustration I just threw them away before the flop. It was a real nightmare, like a bad Ground Hog Day movie.

It was hard to believe even though it's happening to you. Similarly, a particular dealer, who dealt to me nearly once every day, went 3 years without ever dealing me a winning hand. I finally just left the table if and when he came in to deal. Sometimes things seem mathematically impossible, yet they still happen.

I often feel lately that our planet is overdue for a bad run. With the threat of climate change, a massive solar flair, comet hitting us, and a huge volcano like in Yellowstone being due, not to mention always being on the verge of nuclear annihilation, I can easily envision at worst the stone age being right around the corner, and at least total societal meltdown, which would only take one big solar flair. As a planet, we are like a bad poker player who, having pushed all our chips into the pot in a single hand, is only one river card away from the bad beat that totally busts him.