Horton to interview for Rams HC position.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
AdamSchefterAdam Schefter
St. Louis Rams received permission to interview Cardinals defensive coordinator Ray Horton for their head coaching job today.

:bang:

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Maybe Whiz should have taken better care of his defense? tried harder to establish a run game and give them a breather instead of bad field position and another 3 and out. Just Maybe.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Well, if Horton leaves, we can always hire Keith Butler from Pittsburgh :D.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rooney rule.

I highly doubt the Rams go for another former DC as their HC. They need an Offensive minded coach to ensure they get Bradford back on track.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i wanted NO fisher in rams land until I saw this, now they can have fisher.

I would imagine this is simply rooney rule though.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe Whiz should have taken better care of his defense? tried harder to establish a run game and give them a breather instead of bad field position and another 3 and out. Just Maybe.

Wow! You just never miss an opportunity to put a negative spin on anything that could even be remotely connected to Whiz, do you? How about, "Just Maybe", Horton has impressed a few people around the league and that fact coupled with the Rooney rule will have him interviewing every offseason until one of them actually hires him.

Steve

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"Just Maybe", Horton has impressed a few people around the league and that fact coupled with the Rooney rule will have him interviewing every offseason until one of them actually hires him.

Steve

You are right, I think eventually we will lose him but probably not this year.

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score
Wow! You just never miss an opportunity to put a negative spin on anything that could even be remotely connected to Whiz, do you? How about, "Just Maybe", Horton has impressed a few people around the league and that fact coupled with the Rooney rule will have him interviewing every offseason until one of them actually hires him.

Steve

Try the "ignore" function, that's what I did.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Rooney rule.

Most likely

I highly doubt the Rams go for another former DC as their HC. They need an Offensive minded coach to ensure they get Bradford back on track.
Why not just promote Josh McDaniels from within?

The problem with trying to hire an offensive minded HC is you'll most likely get two contrasting ideas about how to operate the offense, unless he's willing to defer the offensive responsibilities to McDaniels. Bradford has already endured a lot of change since coming into the league, I don't think it'd be prudent to implement yet another offensive scheme.

It would make Bradford just as bad as Alex Smith.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The job is Fisher's if he wants it. I think Horton would not be a popular choice with Rams fans. Can anyone really say he has a better resume than Spagnoulo did? I don't think so. Spags ran a defense that won a Super Bowl over the 18-1 Pats.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most likely

Why not just promote Josh McDaniels from within?

The problem with trying to hire an offensive minded HC is you'll most likely get two contrasting ideas about how to operate the offense, unless he's willing to defer the offensive responsibilities to McDaniels. Bradford has already endured a lot of change since coming into the league, I don't think it'd be prudent to implement yet another offensive scheme.

It would make Bradford just as bad as Alex Smith.
Promote Josh McD to Head Coach? Is the ghost of Al Davis now coaching the Rams?

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Rams also requested permission to interview Todd Bowles, which also covers the Rooney Rule.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh...get used to this for awhile.

FIRE GRIMM...Make Horton the Assistant HC.

/pipe

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Couple this with the news that Miami will not be out-bid for Fisher, and I have a bad feeling about this.