Hornets @ Suns Tuesday game thread 1-24-2023

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns move to .500 (24-24) after beating the Grizzlies on Sunday. They have a chance to get on the winning side of the ledger with a win over the Hornets.

The Hornets are 13-34 and play the Jazz on Monday.

When: Tuesday, January 24th

Television: Bally Sports AZ

Radio: KMVP 98.7 / S: KSUN

Time: 7 pm Arizona Time

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the Suns can't beat a team as bad as the Hornets, the three-game winning streak means nothing.

Well, I'm not sure it does mean anything: at least two of the three victories should have asterisks. Because the Suns basically ambushed the Grizzlies: catching them asleep and embarrassing them in one half, then blatantly coasting the entire second half. The Pacers, the Suns beat because the Pacers were tired. The victory that looks the most legitimate is the Nets game. Unless you think the Nets are bad, which their record indicates not.
The nets are bad without Durant

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the Suns can't beat a team as bad as the Hornets, the three-game winning streak means nothing.

Well, I'm not sure it does mean anything: at least two of the three victories should have asterisks. Because the Suns basically ambushed the Grizzlies: catching them asleep and embarrassing them in one half, then blatantly coasting the entire second half. The Pacers, the Suns beat because the Pacers were tired. The victory that looks the most legitimate is the Nets game. Unless you think the Nets are bad, which their record indicates not.

All games have asterisks. Why didn't he just rebound more, why didn't they score more, why was their shot off tonight, why didn't the coach do this...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Jesus… you’re just a freaking troll.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Huh? What do you mean means nothing? The Suns are desperately trying to play .500 ball until guys get back. EVERY SINGLE GAME means something if it keeps them in the playoff hunt. What are you talking about?!?!?

Ambushed the Grizzlies? It's the freaking NBA. Every single team plays back to backs. Every single team travels. Nobody is ambushing anybody. It's not like the Suns magically appeared on their schedule. LOL.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh? What do you mean means nothing? The Suns are desperately trying to play .500 ball until guys get back. EVERY SINGLE GAME means something if it keeps them in the playoff hunt. What are you talking about?!?!?

Ambushed the Grizzlies? It's the freaking NBA. Every single team plays back to backs. Every single team travels. Nobody is ambushing anybody. It's not like the Suns magically appeared on their schedule. LOL.
Treat that troll no differently than we used to 1Sun. Their style/reasons may be different but they both suck golf balls through garden hoses as fans of this team.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This isn't the first time I thought that one could have figured out what I meant but wasn't particularly trying. What I meant was that I know I shouldn't be hugely impressed by a three-game streak of narrow victories. Yes, I said ambushed and I stand by that word. Because other teams have stopped taking the Suns seriously, the Grizzlies laughed and decided to take a nap. They thought the Suns were a freebie; then at halftime they woke up and saw that they needed to actually work, and thereafter did.
You can stand by it but doesn't make it any more ridiculous. Teams can see the schedule. Teams know this is the NBA and on any given night can be beat by just about any team in the NBA. The Suns are not devoid of talent and other teams have no insider information on when certain players will be back or upgraded in status. If a team truly feels ambushed by the Suns, that's a crappy organization with a crappy coaching staff.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This isn't the first time I thought that one could have figured out what I meant but wasn't particularly trying. What I meant was that I know I shouldn't be hugely impressed by a three-game streak of narrow victories. Yes, I said ambushed and I stand by that word. Because other teams have stopped taking the Suns seriously, the Grizzlies laughed and decided to take a nap. They thought the Suns were a freebie; then at halftime they woke up and saw that they needed to actually work, and thereafter
Get your trash takes out of here the Suns desperately needed wins and they flat out earned them none of those games were given to them you troll.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the Hornets, LaMelo Ball is questionable, Cody Martin is doubtful.

Kelly Oubre is out.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns remain shorthanded. No Deandre Ayton.

Josh Okogie is AVAILABLE.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns remain shorthanded. No Deandre Ayton.

Josh Okogie is AVAILABLE.

Ok call me a conspiracy theorist if you want, but Im starting to doubt DA is sick.

I think he is either pissed we asked him to approve a trade, or the details are being worked out.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok call me a conspiracy theorist if you want, but Im starting to doubt DA is sick.

I think he is either pissed we asked him to approve a trade, or the details are being worked out.

You may be on to something with this mysterious illness.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Maybe but I've seen a lot of players out this season with the same reason listed (non-Covid illness).

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There is a nasty stomach bug sweeping through the valley right now.

Also, what is his kid's age? 2 or 3? Kids are freaking disease bags at that age.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

My immediate thought once I read he was out again, then I see your post.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We’ve heard not a single rumor on DA. If something was going on there would be a little smoke

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We’ve heard not a single rumor on DA. If something was going on there would be a little smoke
That's not surprising. Teams can't comment on other team's players or get slapped with tampering. Ayton has a right of first refusal so the chances of anything leaking unless he agrees to be traded are pretty small unless he agrees to it and talks start happening.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
With so many injuries the Hornets are like the Suns. Only way they win is if Rozier goes off or the other team plays bad. I have to wonder how the year might have went it if Bridges did'nt beat his mother of his children and Melo, Cody Martin did'nt get hurt.
Their first round pick Mark Williams a 7 ft center is playing some now. Spent some time on the G league team and averaged 22 points and 12 borads down thier. Had a 17 points 6 rebound game with 5 blocks againts Houston last week. Jalen Mcdaniels is another young guy getting time.