Hornets @ Suns 1-6-19

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Booker missed all of the preseason and by the time he finally got into game shape he was impacted by one injury after another. I figure we got the real Booker for maybe 9 games at the most which included the stretch where we actually started looking like a real team. I'd say whatever system Koko planned on running it was predicated on having Booker out there at full speed.

And I would add that ANY sane coach would have done the same.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That makes sense, clearly if we had Steve Nash, this team would be vastly different. Who can we get that will have a Steve Nash type impact? I wonder how D'Antoni's system would look with an average PG.

IMO, base on what I've seen, we are going to need a PG that is significantly better than average.

On the other hand, I wonder how the current roster would look with a system centered around Ayton.

If we can land a top PG we will be fine, if not, a system/coach change will be in order. I think our max time line for either move is prior to training camp and that is likely too far out.

I was only using Nash as an example to show how important a point guard can be.

The Suns aren't going to find a Steve Nash anytime soon so Igor is going to have to make do with something less. I wanted to give him some semblance of a point guard to see how his system should function this season. Maybe we have already seen it with Booker. If so, then there are serious questions to be raised about his coaching.

It drives me crazy to see Ayton play out front so much on offense so I understand your desire to want a change there. I'm not sure if Igor is willing or wanting to make such a change.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
Since Booker was drafted we have won 34% of the games he has played in.

This season we have won 26% of the games Booker has played in.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
I agree with you 100%, it is definitely a team game and that was kind of my point in bringing up Bookers %. Booker playing, in and of itself is not the the solution to our problems, though it will help. I should have probably explained myself in the original post.

I Don't know if it means anything but I do find it interesting that the suns win 34% of their games with Booker playing and Sac won 36% of the games cousins played in and both teams sucked. I wonder if there is a common factor, maybe bad coaching.....

Curiously, Cousins was gone after 6 seasons with Sac and the Kings fired their coach the same year. next season is Bookers 5th, we certainly don't want him gone like Cousins and that is my basis for wanting drastic action sooner rather than later.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curiously, Cousins was gone after 6 seasons with Sac and the Kings fired their coach the same year. next season is Bookers 5th, we certainly don't want him gone like Cousins and that is my basis for wanting drastic action sooner rather than later.

I'm not saying Booker couldn't become disillusioned and demand a trade but they are completely different scenarios. In the last CBA negotiations, the league created what is referred to as the supermax contract and Cousins met the criteria (Booker won't qualify until the end of his next contract, if ever). That meant Cousins could receive something like 70 million more from the Kings than he could elsewhere. Apparently the Kings came to their senses and realized what so many other teams already knew, the supermax is a very scary proposition. Just ask the Wizards.