Hopkins is still here (April)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still think we'll see a reworked contract, not necessarily extension, for Hop and Budda, giving guaranteed money, but not more years.

I still think Hopkins get traded. He has to edge his bets with nothing happening so far and I expect him to be at camp. But I think he gets traded before or early in the season.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I still think Hopkins get traded. He has to edge his bets with nothing happening so far and I expect him to be at camp. But I think he gets traded before or early in the season.
its always been about guaranteed money for Hop...pretty sure he dont care if he gets it here or elsewhere. with nfl players it always about the guaranteed money.

if I were GM... I would give him a 2 year extension... moderate signing bonus of like 16mil...then put the rest of the guarantees into roster bonuses. maybe 6mil a year in roster bonuses... then salary around 8mil a year... average yearly of 19mil... but if we cut him loose before league year start we only eat 4mil a year.

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score
I think it is highly unlikely that he is traded. As time move on there is less cap space to pick up his $19M salary. There was interest but teams were not willing to give up a second-round pick or pay him $19M and the cards were not willing to give him away. Is it possible during the season a team is desperate for a #1 WR to reach the playoffs or the Super Bowl and is willing to mortgage their future? Of course. It is also possible the cards suck so bad that they are willing to give him up. Only time will tell.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don't trade him for peanuts. I'd wait for a contender to realize that Hopkins can really move the needle, and then trade him for a 2024 2nd and 5th.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't trade him for peanuts. I'd wait for a contender to realize that Hopkins can really move the needle, and then trade him for a 2024 2nd and 5th.
I don't see that much. A contender, then a 2nd. A bad team, then a 3rd. We are looking at a single pick in the 80 to 105 range max.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don't see that much. A contender, then a 2nd. A bad team, then a 3rd. We are looking at a single pick in the 80 to 105 range max.
I don't see Hopkins as a guy who would sit. I think he understands that he needs to cement his legacy right now, and that means playing football.

So the Cardinals can just hold him until a good offer comes along. I'd want a 5th too, but I would definitely be interested in a 2nd or 3rd.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's funny because all of a sudden if Hopkins stayed a receiving room of Hopkins, Brown, Wilson, Moore, Dortch, McBride and Ertz is very good.
I was just looking at the roster and thought the same thing. We still have good weapons. Maybe McBride and Ertz and take snaps at center and fix that hole errrrrrrr

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
i said Payton wouldn't coach here, the colts wouldn't trade up with us and Dhop wouldn't play in Az this season

i'm guessing Monti got offers for Hopkins and that they were well below low ball. But we see top teams lose top receivers every year, end up going to the retirement homes or used tire shops

Monti will now have the nicest available option heading into the season. When the sky is falling and their season is in danger of being over you hit'em for that late first Rd pick - right in the face. You wanna talk about a dope 2024 draft let's go

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Im not too down in the dumps about not drafting a center. There wasnt one guy this draft that was a home run pick at the position...That was Linderbaum last year =(

We will bring in an NFL vet who will play this year and look to improve in the future.

Im looking forward to seeing Tune play the first half of the year.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I say neither but will understand if they do get traded.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
It's funny because all of a sudden if Hopkins stayed a receiving room of Hopkins, Brown, Wilson, Moore, Dortch, Pascal, McBride and Ertz is very good.

Not sure why someone gave you a thumbs down on this. Lol.

I agree that Kyler should be productive if that is indeed the receivers he has to work with. Assuming the OLine is decent enough.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I still think it's more likely that Hop is cut than traded (if other teams demand us to take on salary in the trade to give us decent compensation), but not sure either is likely at this point and this video today does provide some hope that maybe there's at least been some productive conversations between his side and Monti.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I still think it's more likely that Hop is cut than traded (if other teams demand us to take on salary in the trade to give us decent compensation), but not sure either is likely at this point and this video today does provide some hope that maybe there's at least been some productive conversations between his side and Monti.
Why cut him? He costs the same if he plays or is cut. Sit his ass on the bench, if he becomes a problem.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
its always been about guaranteed money for Hop...pretty sure he dont care if he gets it here or elsewhere. with nfl players it always about the guaranteed money.

if I were GM... I would give him a 2 year extension... moderate signing bonus of like 16mil...then put the rest of the guarantees into roster bonuses. maybe 6mil a year in roster bonuses... then salary around 8mil a year... average yearly of 19mil... but if we cut him loose before league year start we only eat 4mil a year.
If he is one the roster after game one his salary is guaranteed. So I can't see him getting much more of a guaranteed money for this year.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Interesting. On GMF Mike Garapolo was the only one of the four who thought DHop would be on the week one roster. The other three, who combined know about a tenth of what Garapolo does, were dubious. I'm starting to think that those teams that thought they could steal Hop seriously underestimated Monti.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"who said I wanted to leave".... bro, are you serious...?
We all know that requesting a trade is about the only tool in the box players have. Even Budda is using it.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Interesting. On GMF Mike Garapolo was the only one of the four who thought DHop would be on the week one roster. The other three, who combined know about a tenth of what Garapolo does, were dubious. I'm starting to think that those teams that thought they could steal Hop seriously underestimated Monti.
Counterpoint: Monti overplayed his hand with Hopkins, and now we have to hope Nuk stays healthy enough to he traded mid-year, which isn't a guarantee for an increasingly injury-prone player.