Hopkins is still here (April)

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Kyler's going to constantly get free rushers right up the middle, which will pretty much implode our offense.
It was such an obvious flaw in the Oline and yet a player that played center in college and could be a plug and play quality C for the future was ignored

Once again we are going to try and put a square peg in a round hole by taking a G and turning him into a center

This is the NFL, not college where a position shift is not so much a big deal

NFL centers QB the Oline and anchor the pass rush

No QB is going to have any kind of success with rusher directly in their face all the time or the fear of

This will cause happy feet, unbalanced and rushed throws and not allow them to go through their reads

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Having Hopkins still on the team is the best news I’ve seen after the draft. Having him and Hollywood, two good tight ends and Conner give us a chance on offense to be good.

Haven’t done much for the defense but this is where great coaching can make a difference and we will see. It’s clear to me our new coach wants a defense that’s quick to the ball because everyone he is bringing in has speed and is undersized.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trade after the draft. Then you are trading for known commodities and not a pick that might or might not get you the player(s) you want.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It was such an obvious flaw in the Oline and yet a player that played center in college and could be a plug and play quality C for the future was ignored

Once again we are going to try and put a square peg in a round hole by taking a G and turning him into a center

This is the NFL, not college where a position shift is not so much a big deal

NFL centers QB the Oline and anchor the pass rush

No QB is going to have any kind of success with rusher directly in their face all the time or the fear of

This will cause happy feet, unbalanced and rushed throws and not allow them to go through their reads

What?

Taking College tackles and turning them into guards or guards to centres is hardly novel in the NFL. And many, including our dearly departed Rodney Hudson, hadn't played the position at all in College. We have a young Vet (Froholdt) with a few starts, L. Smith, who has been taking snaps, and now we have drafted a Guard with some of the necessary traits.

It's neither ideal nor dire.

I watched Smith go head-to-head with Donald last season, and I doubt that he's a guy who'll be pushed into Kyler's lap.

The coaching staff has time to evaluate and, if need be, find a VET on the FA Market.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
What?

Taking College tackles and turning them into guards or guards to centres is hardly novel in the NFL. And many, including our dearly departed Rodney Hudson, hadn't played the position at all in College. We have a young Vet (Froholdt) with a few starts, L. Smith, who has been taking snaps, and now we have drafted a Guard with some of the necessary traits.

It's neither ideal nor dire.

I watched Smith go head-to-head with Donald last season, and I doubt that he's a guy who'll be pushed into Kyler's lap.

The coaching staff has time to evaluate and, if need be, find a VET on the FA Market.
On the spectrum, it's about one tick away from dire and about 99 ticks away from ideal.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yep, trade him at the deadline to a desperate team in playoff contention. It’s all about next years draft for me as 2023 season will be a reset year.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yep, trade him at the deadline to a desperate team in playoff contention. It’s all about next years draft for me as 2023 season will be a reset year.
Him (and his cap hit on the new team) won't be going anywhere at the trade deadline. If he's with us for game 1, he'll be with us for the season.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Him (and his cap hit on the new team) won't be going anywhere at the trade deadline. If he's with us for game 1, he'll be with us for the season.
Yeah, he'll need to be traded before week 1.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
PJJ is NOT playing center. That is a waste of a top 6 pick. He starts day one at RT or LT depending on Hump.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose