Hopefully, I'll get some vindication.

spanky1

Reaction score
We WILL miss Okeafor...we WILL not miss Ross....and if Berry can stay healthy, the loss of Okeafor can be minimized.

What have Pace (now into year four) and Blackstock (now into year three) done for us? Correct....not much. But what opportunities have they really been given....not much. Therein lies the rub.

But where was Okeafor (or Berry for that matter) at similar stages of their careers....nothing special. They developed however, at about this time frame and I truly believe that so will Pace and Blackstock....cuz it's now or never and they know it. The difference is, they now have the opportunity....and they are being deployed in positions that are made for them.

Hayes has pro bowl talent and has come into his own. But the darksiders would have gotten rid of him two years ago. Wilson...he was a bum in the eyes of the darksiders for his first three years. Now he's a pro bowler.

Bryant Johnson.....can't catch a ball...yeah, right!

JJ Arrington...gutless....he's probably running as well as either Shipp or Edge right now.

Pope....can catch, but can't block.....yeah right. He looked just fine to me against Oakland....and he is still a kid for cryin out loud.

Dansby...the darksiders were saying he was a head case....a complainer....what's with this toe stuff....get rid of the bum. Good thing the FO didn't listen to them.

Al Johnson....what was Graves thinking signing him in FA? Sure held his own in pre-season game #1.

Rolle...cut his ass.

I think we'll be just fine...sorry k9 and cheesebeef.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
We WILL miss Okeafor...we WILL not miss Ross....and if Berry can stay healthy, the loss of Okeafor can be minimized.

What have Pace (now into year four) and Blackstock (now into year three) done for us? Correct....not much. But what opportunities have they really been given....not much. Therein lies the rub.

But where was Okeafor (or Berry for that matter) at similar stages of their careers....nothing special. They developed however, at about this time frame and I truly believe that so will Pace and Blackstock....cuz it's now or never and they know it. The difference is, they now have the opportunity....and they are being deployed in positions that are made for them.

Hayes has pro bowl talent and has come into his own. But the darksiders would have gotten rid of him two years ago. Wilson...he was a bum in the eyes of the darksiders for his first three years. Now he's a pro bowler.

JJ Arrington...gutless....he's probably running as well as either Shipp or Edge right now.

Pope....can catch, but can't block.....yeah right. He looked just fine to me against Oakland....and he is still a kid for cryin out loud.

Dansby...the darksiders were saying he was a head case....a complainer....what's with this toe stuff....get rid of the bum. Good thing the FO didn't listen to them.

Al Johnson....what was Graves thinking signing him in FA? Sure held his own in pre-season game #1.

Rolle...cut his ass.

I am one of the biggest apologists for Pace on this board, and I am happy to see him get a chance, but he has had opportunities in the past. And besides some small flashes, hasnt shown much. I hope he is up for the challenge, but I wouldnt be touting him as the "next big thing"

JJ Arrington? He doesnt like contact. He has gotten better, but he still shy's away from contact. How you can compare him to Edge or Shipp is beyond me. Both are better runners and have something he doesn't: Heart!

The rest? Not sure you can give a fair assesment after limited playing time in 1 preseaosn game. Dansby is a stud, but Al Johnson? Dunno we will see. Pope? Dont think he did anythign spectacular blocking wise and the oline didnt look good, so I would say he wasn't that much of a help!

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

And if any of the players you are bragging on had been released along with MBrown,Clancy and Femi, you would be saying they weren't really that good and we'd be just fine without them.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

yeah, this is just outright lies - got any proof of these baseless accusations Spanky? One of the only people I remember saying Wilson was a bum was SKKORP - so unless you think he's a darksider, maybe you should back this garbage up before you start projecting complete and utter lies into other's mouth, okay?

First, Bryant Johnson has yet to prove he's got dependable hands when the season actually means something and I'm pretty sure most darksiders singled him out as the highlight of the game last week. At least I know I did. But again, dude's still shown to have "skillet hands" during the regular season, dropping crucial footballs throughout last year, but yeah, you're right. He's a stud!

i remember people saying the exact same thing last pre-season and what happened in the regular season? Again, wake me when he's done something well when the lights are on.

who's saying this stuff you keep making up? Can you actually back your continual lies up with evidence that supports these claims?

again, outright LIES. It was kool-aiders like Hardy Brown and his sycophants who were bashing him last pre-season while most of the darksiders continued to pimp the guy because his skills are out of this world.

uh, what darksiders had a problem with this signing? Has anyone even said a negative word about him?

Rolle...cut his ass.

yeah, he looked great in limited time getting juked out ofhis jock on one play and getting a PI penalty called on him, moving the ball from the 18 to 1. Got us there!

Spanky, I'm happy for you that you think we'll be fine, but that really doesn't make me feel any better as normally you are dead wrong about, well, pretty much everything, and your complete and utter misrepresentation of "darkisde" thoughts only serve as further evidence of that.

Next time you want to go off about the darksiders, for pete's sake, at least know what the heck you're talking about. Especially if you're going to actually call people out, like you did me and K9.

Last edited:

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So the lesson of the story is patience, or that we're patients in the mental asylum called Cardfandom?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

here's what K9 said in a thread where people were hammering Dansby:

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showthread.php?t=76228&page=5&highlight=dansby

"I just don't think that we need to have a "Big Red Huddle" to talk crap about a guy that was one of the top performers on the defense last year and then pat ourselves on the back regarding a player that's never performed when the games counted.

Dansby is a player that you can count on when the game's count. His replacement right now is a guy that's been shown that you can't. We've heard every year that Calvin Pace is a new guy and is ready to make an impact for this team. I'm not going to buy that again."

boy, it sure does look like K9's saying get rid of the bum up there, right Spanky?

or what about this from me when I first heard about the "problems":

"I don't know - and I also think it may be too early to throw this label on him, especially considering he was one of the few guys that actually played out the string last year on an absolutely awful team. I mean, if he was THAT much of a quitter, you'd think he would have found a way out for himself down the stretch. It's a tough situation because of the guy's UNDENIABLE talent and it's even tougher because we have no idea what's going on."

and then later in the thread I followed that up with:

"I actually feel bad that I contributed to this thread - it was reactionary on my part after hearing a lot of rumors and to be honest to have an entire thread where one of our most important and talented players is just lambasted while another of our players (who suspiciously got injured last year) who's been an outright bust gets praised is pretty silly IMO. "

but yeah, that sure reads like we're trying to run Dansby out of town. Seriously Spanky, I understand you want to be right about something once in a while, but outright making stuff up just makes it easier to prove you wrong again.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, come on, quit bagging on the "draksiders". They didn't generate our lousy seasons.

And yes, I was the one ripping Adrian Wilson. He deserved it. Then, coaching, maturity, and a position change saved his career.

That's why it's silly to assume hiterto unproductive players can't blossom into good contributors.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Rolle...cut his ass.

I am not sure what this post is really all about but there are a couple of points (assuming that my sarcasm meter is still operating) that must be addressed:

The Cards will not miss Ross. Sorry but you could not be more wrong. The Cards will most certainly miss Oliver Ross. Is Ross great? no but he was a critical backup for the OL and a possible starter week 1. What if Levi completely sucks this year...he is a rookie afterall? Or worse, what if Levi is injured for any period of time? Who steps in? Yep, Brandon Gorin, Qasim Mitchell and some other hack. Does that make you feel better? Or worse?

Al Johnson. I don't recall anyone really being down on his signing but rather the boneheaded decision to offer him a roster bonus instead of a signing bonus so the FO could swallow up some cap space this year...and then they had to make financial cuts. Beyond that the only other trepidation was the fact that Johnson was out last year.

I recall the Dansby mess was mostly due to that blow hard Denny Green calling him out and the love fest Denny got on here for making examples of players got the perfect reaction...over-reaction.

Bryant Johnson. Seems like every preseason we get these glimpses of his hands and then when the real season starts not so much good news. He has proven to be a servicable #3.

Hayes. I cannot recall a single person having much to say about Hayes other than the fact he was dinged up early on. He is not...NOT...NOT...Pro Bowl caliber but certainly isn't some huge disaster either.

Spanky, not sure if you were drinking today and decided to vent out some sort of frustration but I think you should lay down and find your happy place.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like cheese on my beef.

I hate scorpions.

I love the cardinals

But not tango style.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, come on, quit bagging on the "draksiders". They didn't generate our lousy seasons.

i don't even mind being bagged on, as long as the "bagging on" is ACCURATE and not outright lies/fabrications. if anything's gonna drag a board down it's flat out putting complete fabrications into other people's mouths.

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing that I dislike the most about the "Darksiders" is their depressing propensity for being right.

JTS

PS - K9 & Cheesy - keep up the good work at keeping us "homers" grounded. Speaking only for myself, I really appreciate your posts, even if I don't always agree with them. :thumbup:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing that I dislike the most about the "Darksiders" is their depressing propensity for being right.

trust me Jeff, that's what I dislike the most about us as well. I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to finally be proven wrong.

PS - K9 & Cheesy - keep up the good work at keeping us "homers" grounded. Speaking only for myself, I really appreciate your posts, even if I don't always agree with them. :thumbup:

and same to you Jeff. you're sense of humor has brought much needed levity to the board and I hope one day SOON the "homers" will be the realists and "realists" will truly be the darkside!

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
and same to you Jeff. you're sense of humor has brought much needed levity to the board and I hope one day SOON the "homers" will be the realists and "realists" will truly be the darkside!

If it makes you feel any better, I have successfully transitioned from homer to realist over the past 12 months. :thumbup:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better, I have successfully transitioned from homer to realist over the past 12 months. :thumbup:

trust me, it makes the season much easier to take. I'm ALWAYS super-pissed when we lose games at the beginning of the season, because contrary to public opinion (and my owns words for that matter), like any sports fan, there is that smidgen of hope that ANY sports fan has inside of them when the season starts. However, after week 5, when we're 1-4, I usually come to realize that my thoughts about the team going into the season were right, and that makes the rest of the season's a relative breeze because I've prepared myself for it... sure there will still be tears streaming down your face during the remaining games, but most of the time they'll be from laughing in hysterics, not from pain.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I may be the only Rolle fan here but i think he's going to have a nice year. BTW, did you hear the insane sta on Champ Bailey last night? They said there was only 4 completions against him ALL YEAR :hairraise . I'd be happy if our CB's held their guys to 4 catches a games.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I may be the only Rolle fan here but i think he's going to have a nice year. BTW, did you hear the insane sta on Champ Bailey last night? They said there was only 4 completions against him ALL YEAR :hairraise . I'd be happy if our CB's held their guys to 4 catches a games.

wow. that is an INSANE stat.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Broncos made out like Champs on that trade!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pace was given a starting job twice, first at DE, then at OLB, he couldn't hold either job. I think he's a decent player but saying he's never been given a chance is a stretch.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

Rolle...cut his ass.

Pure and simple, you can not make these assement during the pre-season (especially after ONE pre-season game) BJ, for example, always has a great pre-season then drops critical passes on the regular in the real games.

As for the others here are the classifcations:

Busts so far (seeing is believing in the reg. season):

Pace (what is this, like the 6th season its supposed to be his year?)
Arrington (who I pimped before he was drafted)
Rolle (see Arrington)
Blackstock

Haven't seen enough:
Pope
Al Johnson

Very, very solid players:

Hayes
Dansby