Homerism…. but hear me out

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
What Dino Babers and his staff have done with mostly marginal talent at SU is nothing short of amazing.

Coach Babers is exactly what this team needs. And Tony White (DC) will be a HC very soon.

I almost don’t want this to happen because I love having him here, but I really think he could take this team to the next level.

Keep an eye on Syracuse.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What Dino Babers and his staff have done with mostly marginal talent at SU is nothing short of amazing.

Coach Babers is exactly what this team needs. And Tony White (DC) will be a HC very soon.

I almost don’t want this to happen because I love having him here, but I really think he could take this team to the next level.

Keep an eye on Syracuse.

Ok in 5 more years after these extensions run out

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Extensions aside.. the college coach to head coach nfl in the last 20 years doesn’t work. Saban failed, Meyer failed. Different era if you go back much further than that.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Extensions aside.. the college coach to head coach nfl in the last 20 years doesn’t work. Saban failed, Meyer failed. Different era if you go back much further than that.
Kingsbury is different, he has never been successful as college coach and has a tradition to finish badly every season, can't be just a coincidence

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Keep an eye on Syracuse.
We can start hiring the DC Tony White

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kingsbury is different, he has never been successful as college coach and has a tradition to finish badly every season, can't be just a coincidence
Add Chip Kelly to that recent list. I don’t know a current head coach that went from HC in college, directly to HC in NFL and has had success. I believe there were some 90s guys in Jimmie Johnson and Switzer. But can’t thank of anyone from 2000-2022. Different NFL model, increased players salaries this personalities and demands taking priority etc.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Add Chip Kelly to that recent list. I don’t know a current head coach that went from HC in college, directly to HC in NFL and has had success. I believe there were some 90s guys in Jimmie Johnson and Switzer. But can’t thank of anyone from 2000-2022. Different NFL model, increased players salaries this personalities and demands taking priority etc.
Pete Carroll?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson