Home Networking??

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
We currently have a desktop running WIN10 and I just purchased a laptop running WIN11. I want to share/access 1 single excel file between the two computers. How would I go about doing that? Thought it would be simple but haven't had much luck figuring it out. The desktop doesn't have wifi, so I bought a USB wifi adapter so both computers are on the same wifi network. If that is not necessary, it would be a bonus. Thanks to anyone who can help me!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We currently have a desktop running WIN10 and I just purchased a laptop running WIN11. I want to share/access 1 single excel file between the two computers. How would I go about doing that? Thought it would be simple but haven't had much luck figuring it out. The desktop doesn't have wifi, so I bought a USB wifi adapter so both computers are on the same wifi network. If that is not necessary, it would be a bonus. Thanks to anyone who can help me!
If your goal is to share one single file, you'd be best off emailing it to yourself or setting up something like OneDrive or GoogleDocs, where you can edit the file from the internet rather than either machine independently.

OP
OP
Beaver

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
Ok, thanks. So if I wanted access to "my documents", how would I go about linking the computers on a network? I run through the tutorials and just don't see any networks available in the window.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score