Home field advantage not determined today.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of chatter about the importance of home field advantage and I get it.

However, the team that’s the healthiest and playing best come January is the most important thing.

Our awesome start has given us the luxury at looking at this season as a marathon and not a sprint. There are many teams that are in a position where they have to win 5 or 6 of their last 7 games to MAKE the playoffs. We are all suffering from the ending of last year. That’s the mindset of Cardinal fans.

We are in a position where 2 more wins gets us n the playoffs. There is not a team or a fan that wouldn’t take that right now. We need to get healthy.

Obviously, this is not the same team without Kyler and Hopkins. But we also seem to have a mindset that every other team is going undefeated the rest of the way. I really don’t believe any NFC team is going 14-3 this season. I don’t think the schedule match ups will allow that to happen.

The Cardinals are not conceding anything. They are protecting assets that are essential to making a run in the playoffs. Kyler’s not soft. Hopkins isn’t saving himself. It’s hard to see when we lose a game especially like last week. But you simply can’t risk your top two offensive weapons to win a game in the middle of November.

Stay calm. When we get healthy everyone in the league will know who we are.

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
I’m being sarcastic but….
It wouldn’t surprise me to see him at 90-95% for another month.
The point is, there has to be a point where Kyler needs to get back on the field and play football to avoid numerous consequences like
More losses
His conditioning
His timing
Team Momentum

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cardinals shouldn't play injured players unless it's the playoffs and the medical staff assures the player the injury will not get worse.

With that said, a team can't turn it on and off. The loss to the Panthers was embarrassing.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Lots of chatter about the importance of home field advantage and I get it.

However, the team that’s the healthiest and playing best come January is the most important thing.

Our awesome start has given us the luxury at looking at this season as a marathon and not a sprint. There are many teams that are in a position where they have to win 5 or 6 of their last 7 games to MAKE the playoffs. We are all suffering from the ending of last year. That’s the mindset of Cardinal fans.

We are in a position where 2 more wins gets us n the playoffs. There is not a team or a fan that wouldn’t take that right now. We need to get healthy.

Obviously, this is not the same team without Kyler and Hopkins. But we also seem to have a mindset that every other team is going undefeated the rest of the way. I really don’t believe any NFC team is going 14-3 this season. I don’t think the schedule match ups will allow that to happen.

The Cardinals are not conceding anything. They are protecting assets that are essential to making a run in the playoffs. Kyler’s not soft. Hopkins isn’t saving himself. It’s hard to see when we lose a game especially like last week. But you simply can’t risk your top two offensive weapons to win a game in the middle of November.

Stay calm. When we get healthy everyone in the league will know who we are.
Or we'll have already blown a great start to the season, Cards style, and we back into the playoffs to be a 1 and done. Sitting him forever and HOPING he gets 100 percent and HOPING we're still in the thick of things and HOPING the funk isn't bad enough that we can stop the rot is a crappy strategy. At a certain point, you have to freaking play. Let's hope losing 3 out of 4 doesn't crush this team and THEN hope he comes out and plays after the bye.

If he doesn't play the game AFTER the bye I am 100 percent out on KM.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Or we'll have already blown a great start to the season, Cards style, and we back into the playoffs to be a 1 and done. Sitting him forever and HOPING he gets 100 percent and HOPING we're still in the thick of things and HOPING the funk isn't bad enough that we can stop the rot is a crappy strategy. At a certain point, you have to freaking play. Let's hope losing 3 out of 4 doesn't crush this team and THEN hope he comes out and plays after the bye.

If he doesn't play the game AFTER the bye I am 100 percent out on KM.
That’s a little ridiculous. In brees’ first 3 years starting he missed 5 games one year and 1 game in another. So one game more than kyler would’ve missed. You’d have been out on him too?

How about Kurt Warner or relay who both missed games in 8 seasons?

Or Big Ben missing games in 8 of his first 9 seasons?

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hard to tell after last weeks game

Totally unprepared by the team and coaching staff

That shows that they are conceding games
Every team in the league has had stinker games. We’ve had one. It happens. It’s ludicrous to think a professional team would concede a game.

Maybe the last game of the season when a team has locked up the bye or a loss had no bearing on the final standings. Even then the staff would put in a game plan to put their players in the best possible position to win.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave