Home Delivery Meal Kits

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried any of the meal kits? We're trying Blue Apron and Hello Fresh starting this week but I'm curious to see if anyone else has gone this route. We've signed up for 3 meals a week for 2 people from each service and we've offset the delivery dates so we won't have a problem should we keep both each week. But looking at their menus, I'm pretty sure we'll cancel probably at least half the time.

azmike74

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My wife bought a couple of the Blue Apron meal kits to try them out. Ultimately, she didn't see value in the purchase. I don't know what they cost, but she thought it cost more than it was worth. The food wasn't bad, I remember one dish we had was posole, and while it wasn't traditional Mexican posole, I liked it alright.

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
We tried Plated, Blue Apron and Hello Fresh when my wife was pregnant. I like Plated the best because there weren't as many rice or pasta-centric meals. They all range $10-11 a meal. It was great because I was able to make dinner and I am a terrible cook. We might continue to receive them if there are meals we want to try. Right now they are on hold.

OP
OP
A

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife bought a couple of the Blue Apron meal kits to try them out. Ultimately, she didn't see value in the purchase. I don't know what they cost, but she thought it cost more than it was worth. The food wasn't bad, I remember one dish we had was posole, and while it wasn't traditional Mexican posole, I liked it alright.

Yeah at 10 to 12 per serving, it's difficult to justify considering you have to do all the prepping, cooking and cleanup. But we've been in such a rut for so long, we're hoping that it will help us get back into the routine of fixing our own meals. Our local restaurants might take a hit though.

OP
OP
A

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We tried Plated, Blue Apron and Hello Fresh when my wife was pregnant. I like Plated the best because there weren't as many rice or pasta-centric meals. They all range $10-11 a meal. It was great because I was able to make dinner and I am a terrible cook. We might continue to receive them if there are meals we want to try. Right now they are on hold.

There do seem to be a lot of meals centering around pasta, rice and other grains.