Votes: 1 33.3%
  • "Miss"?

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm introducing something new to this forum....

It's polls in which anyone can select a song that might be unknown to many and people would judge whether or not it's a "hit" or a "miss"....

Just include a direct link to the song and one can choose their rating.....

Here's the first song called "Sweet Virginia" by Gomez....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/collective/tracks/sweetvirginia.ram

Is it a "hit" or a "miss"?

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinals.Ken said:
"miss"...it started off fresh and cool, but got old fast...
Yeah, I must admit that it gets somewhat repetitive towards the midway point of the song....however..it's definitely different compared to the music that's out there today...

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
Ok, what music genre is this Gomez band in? You speak of them a lot, so I guess I'll have to check them out. :thumbup:

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BendCardfan said:
Ok, what music genre is this Gomez band in? You speak of them a lot, so I guess I'll have to check them out. :thumbup:
That's an excellent question since even they themselves don't know how to define their style....

They've performed anything from Country, Rap, Hip-hop, Jazz, Blues to even Metal....

I could PM you a link of someone's site (never asked if I could post the link on an open forum) that has over 6700+ full-length albums, which contains 4 full length albums of Gomez.... Also would include links of some of their concerts and performances since '98....

They've been compared to Radiohead, Beck, Grateful Dead, Pearl Jam, Pavement, etc......

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found another new Gomez track from their upcoming album "Split The Difference" and the title is "Nothing Is Wrong"...... Here's the link and instructions to find the song...

http://kexp.org/streamarchive/streamarchive.asp

Go to where it says... "Listen By Time"

Start Date: May 6th, 2004 Hour:6 Minute:10 a.m.

Then select the media player of your choice....This song is a lot better than "Sweet Virginia"....definitely the best out of the 4 I've heard from album thus far....It won't be released in the states until 5/18....