Hicks vs.Collins

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Harry, May 3, 2021.

1. gimpy

gimpy Registered

I hope so.

2. CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks Not So Skeptical

Not all people are the same and take the same amount of time to be ready.

Therefor it is very possible for a shortened offseason to have more of an effect on some people than it will on others.

Simmons seems specifically like the type of guy that could have used those extra reps in the offseason to be ready for the regular season. That has a lot to do with the fact that he didn't really play 1 role in college, but like 5 different ones.

When he finally found the field last year we got to see some of that talent that we drafted him for, but also made some rookie mistakes at the same time.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    Goldfield likes this.
  3. Chopper0080

Chopper0080 2021 - Prove It

OR it is possible that players are drafted higher based upon their ability to be successful sooner rather than later and that teams have significant time and resources available to ensure that they give that player the tools they need. Lest we forget that the Cardinals chose this player after an extensive vetting process over 96% of the remaining drafted players.

They either misjudged the player or had a poor plan. I tend to believe that Simmons showed, in glimpses mind you, that he was the athletic, versatile player he was billed as. That leaves the team's onboarding plan as the issue.

4. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

what about Simmons specifically made it seem like a guy who could have used a lot of reps compared to other successful rookies who shot out of the gate?

5. ASUCHRIS

ASUCHRIS ONE HEART BEAT!!!

I just hope he learns to stop head hunting!

6. gimpy

gimpy Registered

It looked like to me, Simmons made one bad play, then never got another chance? Is that the way it happened? If that is the case, then sit every one who makes a mistake.

7. Nate

Nate Registered

Certainly felt that way. Especially, since the play that burned Simmons was used by the 49ers throughout the season successfully, burning quite a lot of teams with it.

gimpy likes this.