hey where you guys playing fantasy ball this year?

freebyrd

Reaction score
i joined a league on nfl.com our drafts tomorrow

a good formula they say is RB RB QB RB WR WR WR RB WR QB TE K DEFENSE

how you usually do it?
freebyrd

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i was thinking about asken everybody on here if they wanted to start a league, we could easily get 14 people through here. I used this website last year- maximumfantasysports.com - they allow you to put in a credit card online and distribute winnings at the end of the season..i like yahoo's site the best though...

Perfectionist

Objectively Correct
Reaction score
i joined a league on nfl.com our drafts tomorrow

a good formula they say is RB RB QB RB WR WR WR RB WR QB TE K DEFENSE

how you usually do it?
freebyrd

With many teams doing running back by committee, there are some proposing that you load up on WR's now, WR WR WR QB RB RB RB.

But, I still will look at overall value in any round, and not be bound by any formula.

OP
OP
freebyrd

freebyrd

Reaction score
yeah i did a few mock drafts using that formula and ended up with adrian peterson turner from atlanta beanie wells tony romo and pat crayton steve breasten ocho cinco some tight end i never heard off
bucs defense and akers kicker not too bad i guess, some backups were trent edwards and a reciever off the bills and a few other scrubs
freebyrd

Last edited:

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If anyone's organizing a league and needs an additional team or two to fill things out, give a holler.

I seem to recall that the sign-up period for many fantasy leagues was later in the preseason; just so long as the drafts were held before the start of the regular NFL season. So there's time.

A couple of things I liked about the league I was in last year were (1) The Vinnie Intercepteverde Rule (which deducted points from teams who committed interceptions or fumbles) and (2) the inclusion of defensive players/stats.

Anyway, if a bunch of you are forming a league, I'd be interested.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I have visions of one day doing a league with offensive and defensive individual players for ASFN, but I have wimped out the last two year because:

a. the time zone difference

b. the last time I ran a league it became a royal pain in the butt.

But I do miss playing fantasy football.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
I'm interested in joining if there's one formed and there's a spot left.

As far as drafting goes, I draft more on BPA rather than position to a certain point. Usually drafting a RB first is a good idea tho.

OP
OP
freebyrd

freebyrd

Reaction score
heres who i ended up with

destroyers

Set Lineup · My Scout Team · Add/Drop · Trade · On the Block · Transaction Report · Service Time · Warnings · Roster Grid

Team:
Week: 1

Warning

bottom

Note

Because of changes to your league's settings, certain positions at which you currently had players on your roster are no longer valid.
You can change players to their updated position by clicking 'Set Lineup' or remove them from your roster using 'Drop Player' in the Invalid Positions/Statuses section below.

bottom

Add/Drop · Find Free Agent · Trade · Top Lineup

destroyers Loading ... Schedule · Projected Stats · 2008 Totals
Player Opp. Weather Bye Avg Guru Own % Start % Status
Warner, Kurt QB ARI SF
Sun 4:15pm 4 0.0 n/a 99 74
Lynch, Marshawn RB BUF @NE
Mon 7:00pm 9 0.0 n/a 99 73
Peterson, Adrian RB MIN @CLE
Sun 1:00pm 9 0.0 n/a 100 99
Boldin, Anquan WR ARI SF
Sun 4:15pm 4 0.0 n/a 99 58
Breaston, Steve WR ARI SF
Sun 4:15pm 4 0.0 n/a 85 43
Mason, Derrick WR BAL KC
Sun 1:00pm 7 0.0 n/a 84 32
Shockey, Jeremy TE NO DET
Sun 1:00pm 5 0.0 n/a 73 37
Rackers, Neil K ARI SF
Sun 4:15pm 4 0.0 n/a 77 56
Jaguars DST @IND
Sun 1:00pm 7 0.0 n/a 59 20
Cassel, Matt QB KC @BAL
Sun 1:00pm 8 0.0 n/a 97 63
Mendenhall, Rashard RB PIT TEN
Thu 8:30pm 8 0.0 n/a 10 0
Wells, Beanie RB ARI SF
Sun 4:15pm 4 0.0 n/a 0 0
Ginn Jr., Ted WR MIA @ATL
Sun 1:00pm 6 0.0 n/a 71 29
Smith, Steve WR NYG

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I usually do two leagues: one with a few buddys of mine. Winner gets $1000 in the end. The other is one at my work. I am leaving my job soon for school so I probably won't be in the 2nd league. I will have to find another free league. I have been commissioner before so if enough people are interested, I'll set up a Yahoo or CBS Sportsline league. Just let me know.

AntSports Steve

Cardinals Future GM
Reaction score
Don't play fantasy football on those other sites. Stick with you own ASFN guy, me, and play on my site. I run the most fair leagues. It's also my 10th year, wow, where has the time gone?

There is a ASFN league already on my site and that league is free.

Last edited:

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah i did a few mock drafts using that formula and ended up with adrian peterson turner from atlanta beanie wells tony romo and pat crayton steve breasten ocho cinco some tight end i never heard off
bucs defense and akers kicker not too bad i guess, some backups were trent edwards and a reciever off the bills and a few other scrubs
freebyrd

Holy crap man... Hopefully next time you'll draft some punctuation marks..

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I play on antsports' ASFN league and also have run an ASFN league on ESPN for a few years now. It went to crap last year because I waited too long to set up the draft date and then 1/2 the people weren't available for it and missed it and never showed up.

I am gonna put up thread for it soon. People from last year have first dibs, but there's always a few spots open for newbs.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I once belonged to a fantasy baseball league that actually played an entire season of simulated games on a league computer. All you had to do was (a) draft your players and (b) fill out a "tendencies" form to let the league computer know which players you'd give a green light to steal on, the threshhold for yanking starters etc. Each week, they'd mail you a print-out of all nine innings of every one of your games. (Only drawback was that sometimes the league's computer would make an adjustment to make sure every player's stats would match current real-world output. Result was that you'd occasionally win by a margin of 28 - 2).

Some outfit (I believe in Canada) had created a similar fantasy football game whereby you could (a) draft an entire 53-man team, (b) set up a bunch of down & distance play-calling and substitution tendencies and (c) let them put Madden on "automatic" and play out simulated games each week on their server based on constantly updated stats.

Ideally, that's what I'd prefer over the traditional fantasy format.

nurnay

whatever
Reaction score
I never use a formula, i go with overall value when making picks. RB's aren't as valuable as they used to be (as someone else mentioned). I used to go RB-RB in the first 2 rounds, but lately I'll grab a WR or QB if one is valuable enough.

As for sites, I like myfantasyleague.com. You can use any scoring system you want and it's run by great people.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I once belonged to a fantasy baseball league that actually played an entire season of simulated games on a league computer. All you had to do was (a) draft your players and (b) fill out a "tendencies" form to let the league computer know which players you'd give a green light to steal on, the threshhold for yanking starters etc. Each week, they'd mail you a print-out of all nine innings of every one of your games. (Only drawback was that sometimes the league's computer would make an adjustment to make sure every player's stats would match current real-world output. Result was that you'd occasionally win by a margin of 28 - 2).

Some outfit (I believe in Canada) had created a similar fantasy football game whereby you could (a) draft an entire 53-man team, (b) set up a bunch of down & distance play-calling and substitution tendencies and (c) let them put Madden on "automatic" and play out simulated games each week on their server based on constantly updated stats.

Ideally, that's what I'd prefer over the traditional fantasy format.

I would never use anything that plugs into Madden simply because it's going off of past stats and tendencies and expectations for the future. Thus, if you had drafted Breaston last season, he would have sucked.

Unsterblich856

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Last year I went RB, QB, WR, RB, WR, WR, WR, WR, RB, TE, QB, Defense, K

I ended with guys like Adrian Peterson, Warner, Fitz, Jacobs, Carney, Chris Johnson, Antonio Gates, Steelers D, and so on. Won the championship with ease.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Hey Freebyrd, I saw that Derrick Mason retired today...better get another WR...or at least drop him

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I always do yahoo free leagues. I usually do it a bit earlier, but I registered up a couple of leagues today and they still had live draft slots every day until the 6th or 7th of september (nfl season starts 9/10-9/14). [9/6 is sun, 9/7 a mon]

After I registered my leagues I noticed live stat tracker is free this year. Yahoo should be fun this year. So anyone looking to go that route should also check out yahoo.

It's probably also about that time of year for the ASFN pick 'em leagues.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would never use anything that plugs into Madden simply because it's going off of past stats and tendencies and expectations for the future. Thus, if you had drafted Breaston last season, he would have sucked.
Normally you'd be right.

In this case, however, the fantasy server updates the stats each week so that the player ratings were constantly updated. If Breaston overachieved (compared to the orginal Madden ratings) this would be reflected - at least by Game 2.

By no means perfect, but it was kind of fun to read the weekly play-by-play log of your fantasy team's latest game.

OP
OP
freebyrd

freebyrd

Reaction score
Hey Freebyrd, I saw that Derrick Mason retired today...better get another WR...or at least drop him

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
yeah i dropped him and picked up chad pennington to go with ted ginn on miami as my insurance policy,
freebyrd
CW stated on SIRIUS is that Mason will wind up un-retiring and remain a Colt as soon as they show him a little love (in the form of a slightly tweaked contract).

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
I actually had Mason on the 1st fantasy draft I did. I droped him for Branch, so I hope he stays retired at this point. :bang:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson