Hey Jerry

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The cocaine cowboys haha

Jerry is a great owner though

Been through sooo many bad seasons skeletor graham ughhhh lol unreal to be 8 1 just incredible in supposdly hardest division!!

OP
OP
G

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The cocaine cowboys haha

Jerry is a great owner though

Been through sooo many bad seasons skeletor graham ughhhh lol unreal to be 8 1 just incredible in supposdly hardest division!!
I understand that Jerry has made a lot of money, but from a football perspective, why is a good owner? Once Jimmy's players left/retired, what has his record been? While I don't know, I doubt that it's been good.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He's not a great owner. All he cares about is money and ego.
If he cared about winning he would have hired a legit GM years ago. He dumped Jimmy Johnson because he was taking too much of the spotlight away from Jerry.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I understand that Jerry has made a lot of money, but from a football perspective, why is a good owner? Once Jimmy's players left/retired, what has his record been? While I don't know, I doubt that it's been good.
Yea tru cowgirls/boys lol did fall apart bit after aikman smith era when cards beat em in poffs :)

Lorenzo

Reaction score
He's not a great owner. All he cares about is money and ego.
If he cared about winning he would have hired a legit GM years ago. He dumped Jimmy Johnson because he was taking too much of the spotlight away from Jerry.
I do think Jerry is a great owner, but cannot be a great owner and great GM at the same time. he can only be a great owner when he has someone doing the GM duties for him. that's why I agree with the GM part 100%. Although today Jerry has a roundtable running the cowboys. he is nowhere near at 100% doing all of the GM duties day in and day out, like he tried to do and failed miserably after Jimmy's departure, and then again after Bill Parcells left.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Pretty much every team this year has suffered a big/embarrassing loss except for the Cardinals. One of the reason we have the best point differential this season.
Now everyone has suffered an embarrassment. I did not expect to see the cardinals lose like that to the panthers and how do Washington and Philadelphia beat TB and Denver respectively? This league is so hard to predict sometimes. I still think the top teams in the NFC are still the Cardinals, rams, cowboys, packers, and TB when you look at their overall talent and their QB's. Dallas is going to have to fight tooth and nail with their division opponents down the stretch to win those games. They were constantly having after whistle skirmishes against the Giants earlier this year, I don't see that being a fun rematch outdoors in December, especially if the Giants get some of their top players back from injury. Dallas will probably lose a division game and games against KC, AZ, and New Orleans will be very tough for them, they might lose one or two of those depending on how the QB's play in those games.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Now everyone has suffered an embarrassment. I did not expect to see the cardinals lose like that to the panthers and how do Washington and Philadelphia beat TB and Denver respectively? This league is so hard to predict sometimes. I still think the top teams in the NFC are still the Cardinals, rams, cowboys, packers, and TB when you look at their overall talent and their QB's. Dallas is going to have to fight tooth and nail with their division opponents down the stretch to win those games. They were constantly having after whistle skirmishes against the Giants earlier this year, I don't see that being a fun rematch outdoors in December, especially if the Giants get some of their top players back from injury. Dallas will probably lose a division game and games against KC, AZ, and New Orleans will be very tough for them, they might lose one or two of those depending on how the QB's play in those games.
We did embarrass ourselves but gosh not having 3 of our best offense players was hard. Especially with the fumble and then the 4th down call. Falling behind right away 14-0 with McCoy was not good. We have lost 2 games and have turned the ball over 5 times. The biggest stat in the nfl is turnovers. The reason why we beat the 49ers. Because we turned them over twice early. They could have scored on both of those drives and honestly we could have lost. Yet no one really talks about this in the main scheme. People bring up turnovers but not to the point of why teams are really good. Dallas went for 2 4th downs and turned the ball over twice. And they were down 30-0. It’s the great equalizer and makes good teams great and great teams average.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
To go further on turnovers. It’s where too. In your own end you give up points. Do it deep in their territory takes away points but usually your defense can negate damage of them scoring.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
We did embarrass ourselves but gosh not having 3 of our best offense players was hard. Especially with the fumble and then the 4th down call. Falling behind right away 14-0 with McCoy was not good. We have lost 2 games and have turned the ball over 5 times. The biggest stat in the nfl is turnovers. The reason why we beat the 49ers. Because we turned them over twice early. They could have scored on both of those drives and honestly we could have lost. Yet no one really talks about this in the main scheme. People bring up turnovers but not to the point of why teams are really good. Dallas went for 2 4th downs and turned the ball over twice. And they were down 30-0. It’s the great equalizer and makes good teams great and great teams average.
Valid points, I know AZ full strength with Kyler would be different. I didn't catch all of the cardinals/panthers game. I thought it would be closer considering how bad Carolina was struggling, but at the same time Carolina have their MVP RB back in the lineup and that is a huge boost for them, their season might be different as well if he had not of missed so many games. McCoy is a good backup, but he's not a permanent starter who can sustain a long season as a starter. I kind of felt the same way with Dallas with Cooper Rush, I think he had some magic go for him against Minnesota, but once teams get to game plan for a backup QB, they will find the weakness and exploit it.

A lot of the teams are dealing with injuries. Dallas has faced some teams while they were down, like Carolina and NYG. Also Dallas definitely has their fair share of key guys out, everyone knows about Prescott's calf, but Tyron Smith has been out, he has been their most dominant offensive player over the last 10 years, and then Demarcus Lawrence on the defensive side has been their best defensive player and he is about 3 weeks from returning.