Heroes and Goats: Hard Knocks In Season Episode 6

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The 2022 Cards' curse is catching. Anyone who watched to the end of last night's episode saw the dedication to a Hard Knocks team member who passed away with a baby expected next year. Just BRUTAL.

Kyler Murray and his dad made an appearance at the very beginning of this episode. It's crazy but not unexpected how these teams just move on once someone is hurt -- there's too much to do and not much worth dwelling on.

One other pleasure of watching Hard Knocks for your local team is seeing where people live and trying to decide whether you know the neighborhood where they're living.

Heroes

Colt McCoy
- First, Ms. Colt is an absolute smokeshow. Good on Colt -- be great, short king. His family looks super-sweet and cute; the life of the longterm backup QB has to be one of the best in sports.

J.J. Watt - Not much left for an unaligned fan to watch for on this season. J.J. is the leader of an effort to get gifts for the Cards support staff, which is nice. It was hilarious to watch all the Denver OL talk about how great it was to play against him. The Bucs released a similar video of guys from the 49ers tickled about getting to play against Tom Brady. It can't be easy to get your butt kicked and then have a bunch of fanboys (who just kicked your butt) come up to you like that.

Trey McBride - Trey has two female parents! He's another big lunk but seems like a sweet kid. He seems awfully slow on the practice field for a receiving TE, NGL, but I'll be cheering for him because his parent has an amazing mullet. I will no longer stand for Trey McBride slander.

Goats

Michael Bidwill
- Michael's thirsty address to the team on Steve Keim and then his sideline shot are embarrassing. It sucks to have a thirsty, embarrassing owner. No one respects this guy in the building.

Vance Joseph - Vance goes on early-morning walks with some of his coaches every day. This would be useful information if you expected Vance to be here next year. I do not. He has a nice family and a good story, but he doesn't have any answers.

Leki Fotu - All Leki wanted to do was make some delicious waffles for his team. So he brings his waffle iron, syrup, and butter to the training facility. He also brings flour, and eggs, and milk. And baking powder. And like nine different bowls. And then he makes the waffles one at a time. Just really great work all around.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
C'mon. You know why VJ got so much play. You know the team pushed the package with him. And you know they did this because they're firing Kliffy and rolling with VJ as their value cost HC for a year. This is the Cards, and because that would be an utterly stupid plan, you know this is how it's going to go, and why VJ was featured.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
C'mon. You know why VJ got so much play. You know the team pushed the package with him. And you know they did this because they're firing Kliffy and rolling with VJ as their value cost HC for a year. This is the Cards, and because that would be an utterly stupid plan, you know this is how it's going to go, and why VJ was featured.

Or it could be because we were playing Denver and most of the show was about Denver connections

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I like this write up. This is dark comedy. What the heck is the need for owner to pump up his team after GM leaves the team.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anything on Keim? I forgot a new episode was out.
Just a quick segment on Michael B talking to the team in the team meeting room explaining that Keim is gone for personal medical reasons.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great

Take an under performing DC who can't make adjustments and make him HC

Insane

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched a few episodes and quit too. The Cardinals just make me sad.
It was just so boring… and ridiculously so, in light of what was really going on and what they weren’t showing.

It’s actually a shining example how effective propaganda can be in the hands of the right people. None of my friends who watched the show have any idea just how much of a cluster this franchise is actually in.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It was just so boring… and ridiculously so, in light of what was really going on and what they weren’t showing.

It’s actually a shining example how effective propaganda can be in the hands of the right people. None of my friends who watched the show have any idea just how much of a cluster this franchise is actually in.
What's funny is that the Cardinals could hire the right GM and turn it around quick.

Do I have faith this will happen? No.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just a quick segment on Michael B talking to the team in the team meeting room explaining that Keim is gone for personal medical reasons.

I thought he sounded like he would be back though

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I haven't been able to bring myself to watch this series...just too depressing of a season

I don't watch it for the football stuff. I watch it for the personality stuff.

We rarely get a chance to see what players are like off the field.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

All or Nothing was so much better for not having the NFL's fingerprints on it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose