Heroes and Goats: Hard Knocks In Season Episode 4

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Interesting episode. I wonder if the Cards got some pushback from somewhere about the Sean Kugler incident. One of the takeups was that Kugler was fired (I imagine anyone who hadn't been following this story closely would have no idea what was going on here) and Steve Heiden is now in charge of the offensive line. He doesn't understand the verbiage, so the OL room has to interrupt him if he goes astray. Okay then.

Heroes

Hollywood Brown, WR
: Hollywood Brown was Lamar Jackson's best friend in Baltimore, and he's also Kyler Murray's best friend. They should fight over who's his best-est friend. Anyway, he's definitely a compelling figure on-screen.

Steve Heiden, OL Coach: Got a nice little edit of the offensive linemen blocking people during the game. Who knows if he's any good. Seems like a good dude. I think I used to draft him as my 3rd TE on Madden back in the day.

DeAndre Hopkins, WR: Nuk has been, for me, the runaway star of this show. Good story, seems like a good dude. Kliff said that the Thanksgiving event was organized by DHop, so good on him. Dunno about that Bentley Bayaga that starts at $177k.

Goats

Kliff Kingsbury's Girlfriend
: Poor little thing didn't even get a chryon introducing herself. She looks like the mean frient of a Disney princess crossed with a Bratz doll.

Kliff Kingsbury, HC: It would be hard to imagine how this could be edited differently to convince the audience that Kliff is an ineffective leader who doesn't have any answers. Even after all this time, he's shown as having no input on the defense.

Vance Joseph, DC: Another guy who's getting a subtle bad edit. For the second week of the series, he's shown talking up the opponent and not really having answers to how to respond to them. He's a more charismatic football coach than Kliff, but these guys aren't getting it done.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
From the sounds of this as I have no desire to watch the show, it seems our coaches have charisma so we have that going for us.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
From the sounds of this as I have no desire to watch the show, it seems our coaches have charisma so we have that going for us.
It's hard to imagine anyone but the biggest NFL sickos choosing to watch this, which is a reason why the discourse around Hard Knocks In Season is relatively quiet.

What I will say is that the game footage is pretty cool, and some of the moments with the players are neat.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's not great but it has it's moments.

I don't understand anyone who doesn't watch it. We rarely get to see much inside the building or get an idea of players and coaches personalities. It's worth it just for that.
Agree. For me it’s cemented the fact that kliff just isn’t a leader. There’s zero charisma. There’s little to command your attention. There’s nothing unique in what he says, or how he says it. No one is running through a wall for that guy.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Goats

Kliff Kingsbury's Girlfriend
: Poor little thing didn't even get a chryon introducing herself. She looks like the mean frient of a Disney princess crossed with a Bratz doll.
CHRYON:
An electronically generated caption superimposed on a television or movie screen.
Dude, your a one man vocab superhero.
Also, I need you to buy me a new chromebook. I just spit my GD coffee all over it. Ouch.