Herm will be Back in 2022

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
What are you basing your "energy" comments on? Herm is older than a lot of coaches, but he is actually a high energy person. He is regularly in the weight room working out before the players.

I will spare you my tirade against ageism since I know you are a U of A fan poking fun at our team. But be sure to stay out of the HR field with those kinds of comments.
Lol. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, fans on an internet sports board aren’t working for any entity that owes a duty of care to a protected class. Your insistence on bringing that up is just silliness.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bickley is more editorial columnist than news journalist. I don’t understand why people can’t get that.

The articles I choose to read are mostly for facts. I'm not looking for the writer's opinion.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow, is Crow that stupid?
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASU President, Michael Crow appeared on Arizona Sports this morning. Here are a few takes.

A ruling on the NCAA investigation is likely some 10-12 months down the road.

Those who do not play by the rulers are gone. Herm Edwards did not ask them to violate the rules.

ASU is making adjustments. They will be looking at a hybrid pro-model going forward.

See link to podcast below:

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, fans on an internet sports board aren’t working for any entity that owes a duty of care to a protected class. Your insistence on bringing that up is just silliness.

Then I will say it again, if it is not ok to post racist messages, or posts demeaning the fact that some people are gay, or putting people down because they are Jewish, then why is it ok to post comments that demean people because of their age?

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Wow, surprised to see Crow put his own a## on the line with these comments. Time will tell whether he or the "three people with direct knowledge" who are sources for this reporting is right about what happened, but for now it sure seems like a big disconnect with respect to Herm's involvement.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Bickley would be a tame columnist in most big markets. Phoenix media has always been pretty soft.
Having lived in Boston and DC I completely agree. But then again, a good segment of the cardinals board goes apoplectic if you dare criticize a player or team, so I’m not sure the valley could handle real tough sports reporting.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
ASU President, Michael Crow appeared on Arizona Sports this morning. Here are a few takes.

A ruling on the NCAA investigation is likely some 10-12 months down the road.

Those who do not play by the rulers are gone. Herm Edwards did not ask them to violate the rules.

ASU is making adjustments. They will be looking at a hybrid pro-model going forward.

See link to podcast below:

Lol. So wash, rinse repeat. Lame.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Then I will say it again, if it is not ok to post racist messages, or posts demeaning the fact that some people are gay, or putting people down because they are Jewish, then why is it ok to post comments that demean people because of their age?
No one has actually said anything demeaning about the elderly. So far one person (me) expressed an opinion that college aged kids may be more attracted to a younger coach and another poster made a comment about getting someone with energy that you interpreted as a comment that herm doesn’t have energy.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose