Herm will be Back in 2022

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
UNLV was 2-10 last season and 0-6 in the previous year while Thomas was its offensive coordinator. The Rebels were No. 119 out of 130 Division I teams last season in total offense at 312.2 yards per game and tied for No. 111 in scoring offense.

Championship!

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
ASU has become a retirement community for over-the-hill coaches looking for one last paycheck before taking social security.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I would bet the farm this entire staff will be gone by this time next year, after ASU has another even more sub-par season. Hopefully, the worst part of the athletic department (Anderson) will be the first to go, deities willing.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's indefensible that the entire damn staff wasn't fired the day after the bowl game. This is national signing day. But the big news at ASU is this crap.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASU could decide to stay in-house on new defensive coordinator hire?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Time to clean house…

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
ASU could decide to stay in-house on new defensive coordinator hire?

Or he could get one of his old NFL colleagues to come along for a 1 year ride, assuming Crow doesn't cave to the national pressure and fire Ray & Herm. It's mind blowing how a coach can survive a scandal which leads to the dismissal of his entire coaching staff and he himself was implicated in and he keeps his job. Either ASU is forcing him to stay and honor his contract because they can't find a replacement or Herm isn't as honorable as advertised.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or he could get one of his old NFL colleagues to come along for a 1 year ride, assuming Crow doesn't cave to the national pressure and fire Ray & Herm. It's mind blowing how a coach can survive a scandal which leads to the dismissal of his entire coaching staff and he himself was implicated in and he keeps his job. Either ASU is forcing him to stay and honor his contract because they can't find a replacement or Herm isn't as honorable as advertised.

I can only guess that ASU wants the NCAA investigation behind them and start fresh with a new coach in 2023. Until then, they plan to ride out the storm. A new coach will want to survey the landscape before being hired.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This came out a little while ago. Herm getting continued support from AD Ray Anderson.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
It'll take years to recover from this mess.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can only guess that ASU wants the NCAA investigation behind them and start fresh with a new coach in 2023. Until then, they plan to ride out the storm. A new coach will want to survey the landscape before being hired.

Public institutions are different from NFL teams in that they do not have as much funding. So my mind isn't blown here. If they are going to get rid of Herm, they need to do it "for cause" which should allow them to avoid paying his salary after he is gone. That is why we need the investigation to wrap up. If it does and it names Herm officially as responsible for the violations, that allows ASU to fire him, not pay him, and be on stronger grounds in avoiding potential lawsuits. If they act prematurely, then they take on a lot of unnecessary risk.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There appears to be a different side of the story.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arizona State hires Andy Vaughn for associate athletics director for player personnel and recruiting.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Donnie Henderson promoted to defensive coordinator replacing Antonio Pierce at the position.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Herm Edwards was on Arizona Sports radio this morning. As always he sends a positive message.

Eventually he thinks there will need to be a cap on the transfer portal although he used it to help build the current team. He compares the portal to free agency.

Here is a link to the podcast:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose