Hercules

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Now THIS looks bad ass! I avoided the other Hercules movie like the plague (never knew Hercules was a prince of Crete sold into slavery who became a gladiator :rolleyes: ), but this one looks cool. Following him through the twelve labors will be fun.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hercules

Release Date: July 24, 2014 (3D/2D theaters and IMAX 3D, p.m. screenings)
Studio: MGM, Paramount Pictures
Director: Brett Ratner
Screenwriter: Ryan Condal, Evan Spiliotopoulos
Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for epic battle sequences, violence, suggestive comments, brief strong language and partial nudity)

Starring: Dwayne Johnson, Ian McShane, Rufus Sewell, Joseph Fiennes, Peter Mullan, John Hurt, Rebecca Ferguson, Ingrid Bolso Berdal, Aksel Hennie, Reece Ritchie

Plot Summary: Based on the Radical Studios graphic novel "Hercules: The Thracian Wars," the ensemble-action film is a revisionist take on the classic myth set in a grounded world where the supernatural does not exist. The screenplay is by Ryan Condal and Evan Spiliotopoulos.

Everyone knows the legend of Hercules and his twelve labors. Our story begins after the labors, and after the legend…

Haunted by a sin from his past, Hercules has become a mercenary. Along with five faithful companions, he travels ancient Greece selling his services for gold and using his legendary reputation to intimidate enemies. But when the benevolent ruler of Thrace and his daughter seek Hercules' help to defeat a savage and terrifying warlord, Hercules finds that in order for good to triumph and justice to prevail... he must again become the hero he once was... he must embrace his own myth... he must be Hercules.

You must be registered for see images attach

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The Rock put in a solid performance, as usual, but this fell pretty flat to me. Terrible script, just terrible. And the whole bikini-clad warrior woman thing is really old, stupid, and sexist. Ungh.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
The Rock put in a solid performance, as usual, but this fell pretty flat to me. Terrible script, just terrible. And the whole bikini-clad warrior woman thing is really old, stupid, and sexist. Ungh.

I was thinking the same thing. Time to retire the bikini fighting outfit.

I'm not a fan of greek mythology, but I'm a huge fan of the rock, so it was a wash.

The rock takes his craft seriously:

During shooting of the scene where Hercules breaks free of his chains, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson stated that he "blacked out" after every take, "I asked the Prop Department to lock me in with real steel chains that I couldn't break, so the performance would be real. When Hercules finally accepts his fate of being the son of Zeus, it's the epic moment of the mythology, and our movie. We shot this scene eight times. I blacked out every time. Down to my knees. Well worth the pain. This moment is iconic. I'm excited for you to see it."