Help with seating at games

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Where is Friday's game with Vegas being played? How do I find a seating chart that actually shows the seating rows and individual seat numbers. I have never been to hockey game, and want go to one before I die and sit in very first row behind the goal. First row is a must, section could be right behind goal or next to that section.

Any help or suggestions to help me in my quest will be appreciated. I am an old guy, so excuse my ignorance.

It would be perfect if anyone here knows anyone with a first row ticket to sell.

Last edited:

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Friday's game is being played at Gila River Arena at Westgate in Glendale. Game starts at 7:30pm. Tickets are still available, but the seats that you can buy will vary depending on when you go look. Here is the link to the single game tickets:

My favorite place to watch a hockey game is in the *attack twice side in the corners. First row on the glass is awesome, but I actually prefer the first row in the 200 (upper level) at GRA because it is so steep and looks almost straight down with a full view of the ice. Kind of a long trek up and down the steps though, so if your knees aren't what they used to be, stick with the lower level. Either way, handrails are your friend!

*Attack twice. There are three 20 minute periods in a hockey game and at each intermission, the teams switch which goals that they defend. Attack twice means that you'll be seated near the goal where the away team (Vegas) will defend twice. Coyotes fans will often choose this side of the rink because they're more likely to see goals by the home team on the attack.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where is Friday's game with Vegas being played? How do I find a seating chart that actually shows the seating rows and individual seat numbers. I have never been to hockey game, and want go to one before I die and sit in very first row behind the goal. First row is a must, section could be right behind goal or next to that section.

Any help or suggestions to help me in my quest will be appreciated. I am an old guy, so excuse my ignorance.

It would be perfect if anyone hear knows anyone with a first row ticket to sell.

Friday's game is being played at Gila River Arena at Westgate in Glendale. Game starts at 7:30pm. Tickets are still available, but the seats that you can buy will vary depending on when you go look. Here is the link to the single game tickets:

My favorite place to watch a hockey game is in the *attack twice side in the corners. First row on the glass is awesome, but I actually prefer the first row in the 200 (upper level) at GRA because it is so steep and looks almost straight down with a full view of the ice. Kind of a long trek up and down the steps though, so if your knees aren't what they used to be, stick with the lower level. Either way, handrails are your friend!

*Attack twice. There are three 20 minute periods in a hockey game and at each intermission, the teams switch which goals that they defend. Attack twice means that you'll be seated near the goal where the away team (Vegas) will defend twice. Coyotes fans will often choose this side of the rink because they're more likely to see goals by the home team on the attack.
I agree with @puckhead on the seating choice. However, if you have never been 1st row on the ice, it is a definite bucket list type of experience. It is amazing how quick, skilled, and powerful the players are when you are that close.

Personal anecdote: My former in-laws used to have front row tickets in the early 2000s. During the season, I went to about 15 games, including against the Sharks early in the season. The Coyotes won by scoring a bunch of goals in the 3rd period after being down. Mike Ricci scored early in the first and I hounded him the rest of the game, yelling he'll never be a 20-game goal scorer again, he's over the hill, etc. As the horn sounded to end the game, he came over and flipped me off. Lol. Well we met the Sharks in the playoffs. I was able to go to Game 4 and Ricci scored in the first. During the first intermission, Ricci skated over to me, pointed at me, and yelled, "I may not get 20 goals, but we're going to kick your ass!" It's like he remembered me and wanted to personally come and smack talk. LOL!!!