Hello to ASFN

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I prefer the term debating :)

This is one of the problems I had with ROTB. Seth or Walter would write some nonsense that I would disagree with and they would get all pissy about it. I'd be polite about it mostly, although I'll admit I might have gotten a little tetchy after their 95th pre draft Kyler Murray article or about the number of times they come up with wild theories and present them as fact (don't you know Kyler was Mike's pick and Keim didn't want him), but when people have different opinions on things there are going to be disagreements.

I'm fine with that. In fact I'm happy about it, it's what these places are about. If discussion was every just agreeing it would be boring AF.
This sounds exactly like what would happen here. Exactly what led to our clashes with "Mitch." I appreciated the hard work he put in to what he wrote, but the matter-of-factness with which he presented his pure conjecture was maddening... as Maddening as the kinds of trades he believed were feasible, or the development of players who amounted to nothing.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I live in Bury St Edmunds (it's really nice, you should visit if ever over here) but I'm originally from Manchester so it won't shock you to know I'm a United fan.

My football life is painful at the moment between the Cards and Man U.

Cry me a river, Cards - Spurs here.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I prefer the term debating :)

This is one of the problems I had with ROTB. Seth or Walter would write some nonsense that I would disagree with and they would get all pissy about it. I'd be polite about it mostly, although I'll admit I might have gotten a little tetchy after their 95th pre draft Kyler Murray article or about the number of times they come up with wild theories and present them as fact (don't you know Kyler was Mike's pick and Keim didn't want him), but when people have different opinions on things there are going to be disagreements.

I'm fine with that. In fact I'm happy about it, it's what these places are about. If discussion was every just agreeing it would be boring AF.

We had years of Walter's flight of fancies and threats to leave if anyone had the temerity to question his views.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or you could support the Gunners like me and be even more depressed these days. At least they have a promising manager now. Just need talented athletes on defense much like the Cardinals.

Cry me a river, Cards - Spurs here.

Arsenal definitely have it worse at the moment. Even with Arteta, their roster is at least 3 years away. Mourinho could add some pieces to Spurs and have them competing as early as next season.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This sounds exactly like what would happen here. Exactly what led to our clashes with "Mitch." I appreciated the hard work he put in to what he wrote, but the matter-of-factness with which he presented his pure conjecture was maddening... as Maddening as the kinds of trades he believed were feasible, or the development of players who amounted to nothing.

MANY of us feel the same way. I guess now he is 'Totally Out.'

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Haha, sounds right.

I had that exact argument with him on RotB. He wrote a long article last off season that was 90% speculation. It was all about Bidwill and Keim and goings on in the back office. Who hired who Wilks, why Keim wasn't fired for the DUI, who wanted X players. Was 100% BS written as 100% fact by a guy in Foxboro who couldn't possibly have a clue.

I didn't abuse him or break any terms of RotB but he refused to talk to me going forward when I called him out.

He also has this huge hatred for Divas / privilege. Its why he hates P2 and can't shut up about it. I think some rich kid at his school got him fired once upon a time.

And don't get me started on the number of times he's written an article on a player / coach saying what a great move it was then written another one 9 months later saying the exact opposite.

Or the number of times he's wrote an article about some UDFA or JAG we signed saying what great potential they have only for them to be cut 2 days later.

I called it the Mitch curse. He didn't like that.

His latest genius idea is to sign La'Raven Clark to start at LT because he played for Kliff 4 years ago and once started 12 games for the Colts.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I live in Bury St Edmunds (it's really nice, you should visit if ever over here) but I'm originally from Manchester so it won't shock you to know I'm a United fan.

My football life is painful at the moment between the Cards and Man U.
When I was at lakenheath we spent a many of Friday nights in Bury. Cool place, don’t think I was ever there during the day lol.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When I was at lakenheath we spent a many of Friday nights in Bury. Cool place, don’t think I was ever there during the day lol.

Hello there. Nice part of the world isn't it? There used to be a guy renting over the way from us who was at Lakenheath (I think he was a mechanic on the planes) and was married to a Brit. Had a few barbies over there where they introduced me to PBR.

They must give you some fat off base rental allowance because the place cost about £1500 a month.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA