Hello to ASFN

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome the best Cardinal Fan site on the net. I will take a double shot of Glen Ord 30 Single Malt Scotch Whisky and a Bass Ale chaser.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Would it help to hear some of my opinions of the biggest issues that everyone argues over? :)

Keim - I was one of his biggest defenders until this year. I think the time has come for a change of culture. I thank him for those 3 years but we need a change.

Kliff - Rough start, some dubious decisions and calls but got better as the year went on. Looks promising. Needs to be a HEAD coach and not an OC though. Needs to get more involved in what the defense is doing during the game.

Vance - Didn't like the hire. His record as a DC is poor. Hasn't done anything to change my mind. I would have hired Wade Philips before he left the Rams office.

Kyler / Rosen - I was very much against moving on from Rosen. Wilks, McCoy, that 3rd/4th string O line, receivers injured. Brady couldn't do anything with that. But Kyler has been good, looks to have a bright future.

Mikey B - We could do worse, but really needs to stop getting so involved in football ops decisions. Stay in his lane.

Draft - Trenches. A wide receiver is glitter on a turd. As the playoffs have shown, trenches win games. I wouldn't mind if the whole draft was O line, D line and defense.

Hump - Move on. Not worth the money. Will almost certainly get injured before the ink dries on his deal.

Think that covers all the controversial subjects!
Pretty much agreed with all of your takes! Maybe a little different on Humphries, but not by much. Welcome aboard.

I'll take a cheeky Nando's, and pint of Fuller's London Pride.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I am also on ROTB as DominAyton. I mostly use that site for the Suns board, but occasionally stop in on the Cards page. This is a much more active board than ROTB though.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I saw on ROTB Mitch suggesting we sign Javon Hargrave NT, who is mostly a run stuffer, for 14 million a year.

Mitch is a great guy and a good writer but I struggle with some of his takes. He had the Skins taking Tua at 2 the other day and passing on Chase with they have Alex Smith to come back and Dwayne Haskins. I know it's the Skins but come on!

You can't say anything though or you are argumentative and disrespectful. Don't you know the staff there work hard for nothing and you should just accept what they say and be grateful.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I forgot a controversial point. David Johnson.

My position on DJ is he is done as a running back. I think the MCL tear he had in week 17 of 2016 vs the Rams was much worse than thought and that he lost some pace and all his twitch when that MCL went pop.

I think he was the worst starting running back in the league this year if you are looking at running ability alone.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Mitch is a great guy and a good writer but I struggle with some of his takes. He had the Skins taking Tua at 2 the other day and passing on Chase with they have Alex Smith to come back and Dwayne Haskins. I know it's the Skins but come on!

You can't say anything though or you are argumentative and disrespectful. Don't you know the staff there work hard for nothing and you should just accept what they say and be grateful.
Man, it's like you've been here for a decade already. You'll fit in just fine.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi to everyone here. I'm new here but long time poster and fan contributor over at ROTB.

As the name suggests I'm British and still live here so I'm going to apologize in advance for when you log in in the morning and see 8 threads where I was the last poster because I was up 7 hours before you :)

Anyone else here from ROTB I might know under another name?
recognize you from ROTB but I dont post there. Welcome Britt!!!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Stephen Boyd was once a potential QBOTF and Brian St. Pierre could someday be a starter!

Reaction score

Nailed it!!

:hacker: :computer:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What part of the UK are you in? What is your other football team?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Man, I have been clashing with you on DJ and the sack totals, but damn does this hit home.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Lol. Search Mitch threads on this board. Same story.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What part of the UK are you in? What is your other football team?

I live in Bury St Edmunds (it's really nice, you should visit if ever over here) but I'm originally from Manchester so it won't shock you to know I'm a United fan.

My football life is painful at the moment between the Cards and Man U.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man, I have been clashing with you on DJ and the sack totals, but damn does this hit home.

I prefer the term debating :)

This is one of the problems I had with ROTB. Seth or Walter would write some nonsense that I would disagree with and they would get all pissy about it. I'd be polite about it mostly, although I'll admit I might have gotten a little tetchy after their 95th pre draft Kyler Murray article or about the number of times they come up with wild theories and present them as fact (don't you know Kyler was Mike's pick and Keim didn't want him), but when people have different opinions on things there are going to be disagreements.

I'm fine with that. In fact I'm happy about it, it's what these places are about. If discussion was every just agreeing it would be boring AF.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I live in Bury St Edmunds (it's really nice, you should visit if ever over here) but I'm originally from Manchester so it won't shock you to know I'm a United fan.

My football life is painful at the moment between the Cards and Man U.

Being a Liverpool supporter, I feel good right about now. I went a couple of years ago to Anfield to watch then vs Man U the same week that the Cards played in London.

I will definitely go back some time when like slows down.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Being a Liverpool supporter, I feel good right about now. I went a couple of years ago to Anfield to watch then vs Man U the same week that the Cards played in London.

I will definitely go back some time when like slows down.

I'd feel good if I was a Liverpool supporter too :)

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
I'd feel good if I was a Liverpool supporter too :)

Or you could support the Gunners like me and be even more depressed these days. At least they have a promising manager now. Just need talented athletes on defense much like the Cardinals.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose