Hello to ASFN

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi to everyone here. I'm new here but long time poster and fan contributor over at ROTB.

As the name suggests I'm British and still live here so I'm going to apologize in advance for when you log in in the morning and see 8 threads where I was the last poster because I was up 7 hours before you :)

Anyone else here from ROTB I might know under another name?

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi to everyone here. I'm new here but long time poster and fan contributor over at ROTB.

As the name suggests I'm British and still live here so I'm going to apologize in advance for when you log in in the morning and see 8 threads where I was the last poster because I was up 7 hours before you :)

Anyone else here from ROTB I might know under another name?

welcome, I read your thoughts on ROTB. I thought you had posted here in the past but maybe not. BritCard has a familiar vibe.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
A lot of us have been together since this site opened in 2002 and even before on AOL/Cards Corner.

You will find expert Cardinal opinions from the many regular posters we have on here. You will find we have a group from the Darkside (maybe the skeptical side?), one that is uber positive/hopeful, and one that is more in the middle.

We have a drive-by poster named JefftheShark that will entertain you and a resident scout/draft expert named Harry.

We have our moments of debate, over analysis, disagreement, and down right over reactions but we are family and always seem to work through it.

Welcome to the board. Your perspective is solid and a great addition. We used to have a tradition of making the newbie buy/take our order. I can't remember who
started that but it seemed to die. I try to remember.

Cheers!

@BritCard

Welcome to the board! Really enjoying your posts.

Newbie buys. I will take a pint of dry cider and a tomahawk ribeye.

Thanks mate.

I have been a heavy contributor over at ROTB but thought I'd come over here for a change of scenery.

ROTB is great for content and I applaud Seth and the staff there for their editorial work but they treat users like ungrateful children. You have to take thier opinion as gospel or be treated like a naughty boy for daring to have a different opinion.

The atmosphere over there is really becoming one of staff vs users. You will often see 2 or 3 staff / mods band together in comments against one reader.

So thought I'd try over here where its fans only.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would it help to hear some of my opinions of the biggest issues that everyone argues over? :)

Keim - I was one of his biggest defenders until this year. I think the time has come for a change of culture. I thank him for those 3 years but we need a change.

Kliff - Rough start, some dubious decisions and calls but got better as the year went on. Looks promising. Needs to be a HEAD coach and not an OC though. Needs to get more involved in what the defense is doing during the game.

Vance - Didn't like the hire. His record as a DC is poor. Hasn't done anything to change my mind. I would have hired Wade Philips before he left the Rams office.

Kyler / Rosen - I was very much against moving on from Rosen. Wilks, McCoy, that 3rd/4th string O line, receivers injured. Brady couldn't do anything with that. But Kyler has been good, looks to have a bright future.

Mikey B - We could do worse, but really needs to stop getting so involved in football ops decisions. Stay in his lane.

Draft - Trenches. A wide receiver is glitter on a turd. As the playoffs have shown, trenches win games. I wouldn't mind if the whole draft was O line, D line and defense.

Hump - Move on. Not worth the money. Will almost certainly get injured before the ink dries on his deal.

Think that covers all the controversial subjects!

Last edited:

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Welcome, and thanks for the thoughts. Agree with most all, but don’t agree with letting DJ walk. He should get slapped with the tag to show last year wasn’t a fluke. LT’s don’t grow on trees.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Welcome.

I’ll have a stack of chocolate chip pancakes some Mrs buttersworth syrup and a y’all glass of fat free milk.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Already enjoying your post . It seems I may be in the minority about retaining Drake but I think that has a lot to do with the fear of overpaying him.

The offense took a step up after we inserted him into the lineup. Based on his 8 games here his numbers project to 1300 yards rushing, 350 receiving yards and 14 td’s.

this offense will take a step backward if we don’t keep him or replace him. Seen enough of DJ and I love Ebmonds but I don’t think he’s the type of back that can put the team on his back.

many on this board ( again based on fear of overpaying) lean toward let him go and draft a rb. That road does not gaurantee production, picking up blitzes and learning the offense.

What’s your thoughts?

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would it help to hear some of my opinions of the biggest issues that everyone argues over? :)

Keim - I was one of his biggest defenders until this year. I think the time has come for a change of culture. I thank him for those 3 years but we need a change.

Kliff - Rough start, some dubious decisions and calls but got better as the year went on. Looks promising. Needs to be a HEAD coach and not an OC though. Needs to get more involved in what the defense is doing during the game.

Vance - Didn't like the hire. His record as a DC is poor. Hasn't done anything to change my mind. I would have hired Wade Philips before he left the Rams office.

Kyler / Rosen - I was very much against moving on from Rosen. Wilks, McCoy, that 3rd/4th string O line, receivers injured. Brady couldn't do anything with that. But Kyler has been good, looks to have a bright future.

Mikey B - We could do worse, but really needs to stop getting so involved in football ops decisions. Stay in his lane.

Draft - Trenches. A wide receiver is glitter on a turd. As the playoffs have shown, trenches win games. I wouldn't mind if the whole draft was O line, D line and defense.

Hump - Move on. Not worth the money. Will almost certainly get injured before the ink dries on his deal.

Bam. Doppelganger.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Brilliant!

And welcome to the board.

"Defence" - you're not a Yank or a Frog! :)

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Already enjoying your post . It seems I may be in the minority about retaining Drake but I think that has a lot to do with the fear of overpaying him.

The offense took a step up after we inserted him into the lineup. Based on his 8 games here his numbers project to 1300 yards rushing, 350 receiving yards and 14 td’s.

this offense will take a step backward if we don’t keep him or replace him. Seen enough of DJ and I love Ebmonds but I don’t think he’s the type of back that can put the team on his back.

many on this board ( again based on fear of overpaying) lean toward let him go and draft a rb. That road does not gaurantee production, picking up blitzes and learning the offense.

What’s your thoughts?

I'm generally always against paying RBs big money. I think it's the most easily replaceable and oversupplied position.

I'm happy to sign Drake for 6m ish. He's never broken 650 yards. I'm not paying big money for that.

More importantly I'm not sure how we pay him with DJs fat contract.

If he wants more than 6.5m I'd role with Edmonds. I think this scheme is RB agnostic. Any decent fast twitch RB can do OK.

Which is why DJ can't.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm generally always against paying RBs big money. I think it's the most easily replaceable and oversupplied position.

I'm happy to sign Drake for 6m ish. He's never broken 650 yards. I'm not paying big money for that.

More importantly I'm not sure how we pay him with DJs fat contract.

If he wants more than 6.5m I'd role with Edmonds. I think this scheme is RB agnostic. Any decent fast twitch RB can do OK.

Which is why DJ can't.
I actually think they can sign him for a little less. Bonus money could make that happen. He just fits so well.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of us have been together since this site opened in 2002 and even before on AOL/Cards Corner.

You will find expert Cardinal opinions from the many regular posters we have on here. You will find we have a group from the Darkside (maybe the skeptical side?), one that is uber positive/hopeful, and one that is more in the middle.

We have a drive-by poster named JefftheShark that will entertain you and a resident scout/draft expert named Harry.

We have our moments of debate, over analysis, disagreement, and down right over reactions but we are family and always seem to work through it.

Welcome to the board. Your perspective is solid and a great addition. We used to have a tradition of making the newbie buy/take our order. I can't remember who
started that but it seemed to die. I try to remember.

Cheers!
I'll take a pint of Wadsworth's 6x