Heat @ Suns Thursday 11-7-19 game thread

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by Mainstreet, Nov 6, 2019.

1. devilalum

devilalum Heavily Redacted

That Dragic stretch broke the Suns back. I call it the Sarver effect. Former players REALLY hate the Suns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

Maybe so but I think Dragic going off is an example of bad defense.

3. AzStevenCal

AzStevenCal ASFN Contributor Contributor

My wife refuses to ever watch another game involving Miami so we watched "This Gun For Hire" (the movie that jump stared Alan Ladd's career) instead. So, until I get around to watching the game later today, I'm reduced to relying solely on the box score. I'm not sure how it happened but we were break even when Booker was on the court and down 28 when Bridges was out there. Was he on Butler much during Jimmy's 10 for 10 stretch?

4. devilalum

That too but he made a 3 from about 35 ft.

CRC83 likes this.
  5. Superbone

Superbone Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan

Ouch, that sure came back to haunt you later in the game. :p

Mainstreet and Folster like this.
  6. Mainstreet

After the first half I started to pay more attention to who was playing defense on Butler but their seemed to be a lot of switching going on Booker, Bridges, Oubre etc. I'm guessing it was much the same in the first half.

Tell your wife she has great taste. I'm sure the movie was much better.

7. Superbone

Superbone Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan

Why Miami?

8. Mainstreet

It's almost like these players can hear you. Please no trash-talk during the game. o_O

Superbone likes this.
  9. Mainstreet

Once a player gets a rhythm it's hard to stop for sure. The Suns never took the Heat out of what they wanted to do.

My 2 cents... it starts with defense but the Suns couldn't make key stops. The bench couldn't bring it either... offensively or defensively.

On the other side the Heat played excellent defense which had a lot to do with the Suns woes. Too bad the Suns couldn't reciprocate.

Evil Ash, AzStevenCal and devilalum like this.
  10. AzStevenCal

She despises flopping and Miami used to be one of the worst, they also get away with a lot of fouls (typically). I've tried to convince her that with Wade gone (plus Richardson and a few other role players) that they are far less Hollywood than they used to be but she's not buying it.

Superbone and Mainstreet like this.
  11. AzStevenCal

Yeah it was a good movie and despite it's age, it's the first time I've watched it.

Butler, when he's on, is a tough cover for anyone. He can bully and overpower most wings so it wouldn't have surprised me if he'd had a field day abusing the still-too-slight Bridges.

12. Mainstreet

In the first half Butler was 9-10 from the field and had a bunch of free throws as well maybe 10-10, I not exactly sure. I hesitate to put the blame on any one player because almost everyone had a crack at him. He is good but the Suns didn't didn't slow him down. Much the same with Goran in the second half.

13. Mainstreet

I'm about ready to close the chapter on the game but Kellan Olson makes some good points in his article but this stands out for me.

Here is an excerpt:

Phoenix (5-3) was poor in several categories where they’ve shined. They had a season-low 22 assists, gave up 22 points off turnovers and made only 11 three-pointers.

On the other end, Miami (6-2) feasted, shooting 55% from the field and 15-of-28 (54%) from deep.

“There just wasn’t a great disposition to stop the ball initially and they just kept playing downhill,” Williams said.

“They shot the ball well the entire game and played harder than us so it’s tough to beat a team like that,” Devin Booker said.

https://arizonasports.com/story/214...to-stop-heat-as-butler-dragic-unload-in-loss/

14. StreetTruckinTitan

StreetTruckinTitan Formerly NativeAZfan

It still pisses me off the Suns let Dragic go instead Bledsoe at the time. Just seeing him in another uniform still killing us after all these years and wondering what could have been if he stayed with the Suns...?

Superbone likes this.
  15. devilalum

Yep, Suns had a bad game.

I’m interested to see how they bounce back Sunday. Monty’s first encounter with an uninspired loss.

Heat was embarrassed in Denver and they responded last night.