Heat @ Suns Friday game thread 1-6-2023

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
There must be something in the valley water. So many injuries between Suns and Cards

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Washington offers some future hope if the Suns are wise enough to keep him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These wild Bridges drives are just so odd.

Maybe Bridges is frustrated with his shot as much as we are.

Better to drive it than keep shooting blanks.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe Bridges is frustrated with his shot as much as we are.

Better to drive it than keep shooting blanks.

He’s driving throwing up prayers falling down over and over again

I just don’t know why

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I can tell, he is getting to the FT line (8-8) and has 6 asssists with no turnovers.

Only 1-9 from the field though.
If you are missing shots he is doing exactly what you want….getting to the line.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That timeout, right after a defensive rebound, where we have momentum and a chance to make it a one score game was horrendous.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Tried to watch the Suns for the first time in several games. Obviously, we’re playing like trash, but it looks so disorganized and disjointed. Guys couldn’t even get entry passes inside. Half of the guys playing wouldn’t be in the rotation on a healthy championship squad. The absences of Jae, Book, CP3, Cam Johnson, and Payne are too much. It’s Ayton and a bunch of scrubs.

TJ

Reaction score
Ayton is absolute garbage. Dude has awful hands, absolutely zero hustle/fire, and worst of all has no heart what so ever.

Imagine if he had a motor like Craig???

You mean the same heartless guy who in the 4th was draped all over Bam on defense and pushing guys around underneath on offense for passes that were thrown in the stands? Bam was a non-factor in the 4th as a result and Ayton was the best offensive player on our team tonight.

TJ

Reaction score
I’ll settle for just getting Cam Johnson back at this point. We’re one injury away from me getting meaningful minutes in the rotation

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
Tried to watch the Suns for the first time in several games. Obviously, we’re playing like trash, but it looks so disorganized and disjointed. Guys couldn’t even get entry passes inside. Half of the guys playing wouldn’t be in the rotation on a healthy championship squad. The absences of Jae, Book, CP3, Cam Johnson, and Payne are too much. It’s Ayton and a bunch of scrubs.
Torrey Craig, Damion Lee, Ish, Washington, Shamet... maybe two of those guys could be a rotation player on a playoff team. relying on these guys to get heavy minutes is a big problem. adding booker to this mix isn't going to improve the record that much.

I think the front office has the most blame here for the current skid

TJ

Reaction score
Craig - Starting but should be on the back end of the rotation
Shamet - Starting but should be on the back end of the rotation
Duane Washington, Ish, and Okogie - Should be DNP most nights unless there’s foul trouble.
Mikal - In a better circumstance, should come off the bench because he’s playing too many minutes for a guy who cant hit a shot and is being abused on defense.
Monty - Looks like he doesn’t even know the color of a basketball.

This team makes me a sad panda.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
that inbound play was absolutely worthless. I hope someone asks Monty what they drew up bc he called a timeout right after the rebound like he has some set play ready to go

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recorded the game, and just started watching, only to see Bridges air ball a layup on the break and Ayton get blocked by Strus and after two minutes, had enough.

Just looked at the final score and looks like I saved myself about an hour of misery.

Oh, and CP3’s injures again. Sweet.

This team needs to be broken up and sold for parts before what few assets they do have (Ayton and Bridges) continue to depreciate before our very eyes. Man, those two guys are such incredible disappointments.

TJ

Reaction score
Torrey Craig, Damion Lee, Ish, Washington, Shamet... maybe two of those guys could be a rotation player on a playoff team. relying on these guys to get heavy minutes is a big problem. adding booker to this mix isn't going to improve the record that much.

I think the front office has the most blame here for the current skid

Agree. Book alone isn’t going to do it. James Jones doing very little in the offseason was awful especially knowing that Jae wasn’t going to play. Maybe in a month we get healthy again, but by that time, who knows where we’ll be in the standings. Might be best to just shut it down at that point and tank

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean the same heartless guy who in the 4th was draped all over Bam on defense and pushing guys around underneath on offense for passes that were thrown in the stands? Bam was a non-factor in the 4th as a result and Ayton was the best offensive player on our team tonight.
Would have been nice if he showed up in the first 3 quarters.

And Ayton being the best offensive player on this motley crew of offensive players ain’t exactly a badge of honor.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Bridges had a clear path to the basket and said NOPE stopped and passed it to Craig for the brick 3
A WIDE OPEN path to the basket. He also passed up numerous opportunities for his little middie and threw some gawd awful passes. I’ll give him some credit for just throwing his body into the lane in the first half (stopped in the second) - he got lucky the refs were willing to bail him out of some of the least athletic worst drives I’ve ever seen. He was absolutely DREADFUL again tonight.