Heat @ Suns Friday game thread 1-6-2023

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After a brutal six game road trip, the Suns return home for two games before venturing out on another tough road trip.

The Suns play the Heat at home on Friday.

Suns are now 20-19. They have lost thirteen of their last eighteen games.

Heat are 20-18. They play the Lakers later tonight.

When: Friday, January 6th

Television: ESPN, Bally Sports AZ

Radio: KMVP 98.7 / S: KSUN

Time: 8 pm

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
8th spot! I think we can beat the nuggets if the playoffs start now, but we'd have to win the play-in against GS which we won't.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
8th spot! I think we can beat the nuggets if the playoffs start now, but we'd have to win the play-in against GS which we won't.
If it started right now I don't believe we could win a 7 game series against any NBA team that wasn't tanking.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns are in a legit tail spin. I have mixed feelings. Part of me still thinks the west is weak and a healthy Suns team could compete with anyone. Other part of me is beginning to think maybe I am wrong about that, and this team needs to give up on this season and keep it's draft picks, because even though we could be as good as anyone in the west, the odds of us coming out of the west are slim.

One thing I am now sure of is CP3 needs to go because he cannot be relied on at all. I would be ecstatic if he could be moved by the deadline.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns are in a legit tail spin. I have mixed feelings. Part of me still thinks the west is weak and a healthy Suns team could compete with anyone. Other part of me is beginning to think maybe I am wrong about that, and this team needs to give up on this season and keep it's draft picks, because even though we could be as good as anyone in the west, the odds of us coming out of the west are slim.

One thing I am now sure of is CP3 needs to go because he cannot be relied on at all. I would be ecstatic if he could be moved by the deadline.
Considering how passive James Jones was in season in our previous two title runs (despite a glaring hole at PF and last year with another shot creator despite our gaudy record), I'm not sure if I buy the "Sarver is tying James Jones' hands" theory but if he is, it might actually be a blessing in disguise because this team ain't going anywhere this season and is going to need our picks as we continue to decline in the coming years.

Kyle Kuzma ain't coming to rescue this team.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Considering how passive James Jones was in season in our previous two title runs (despite a glaring hole at PF and last year with another shot creator despite our gaudy record), I'm not sure if I buy the "Sarver is tying James Jones' hands" theory but if he is, it might actually be a blessing in disguise because this team ain't going anywhere this season and is going to need our picks as we continue to decline in the coming years.

Right JJ has proven he’s not that guy.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score

I think the jury is out still. We don't know what limitations Sarver put on Jones and we also don't know how the impending sale is possibly hindering moves.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As anticipated, Cam Payne is OUT.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I just can't get past not knowing what the new owner will do. I don't know if we will need to hope this squad figures it out, or not invest myself in them knowing we may have a whole new team below Booker. I watch the Suns no matter what, but I am stuck with the in-between right now.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Caleb Martin is out for the Heat. Status of Tyler Herro is uncertain.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Torrey Craig will start tonight.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tyler Herro is out tonight.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone else catch Lowry mocking Bridges 3 point celebration before the jump

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't watch tonight. Bring home the win Finito.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose