Heat @ Suns Friday game thread 1-6-2023

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ayton is absolute garbage. Dude has awful hands, absolutely zero hustle/fire, and worst of all has no heart what so ever.

Imagine if he had a motor like Craig???
I was thinking the same thing. If he had Craig’s hustle, fearlessness and toughness he’d be a perennial all NBA team guy. Instead he just wants to take jumpers and fadeaways. His basketball IQ is still really poor too. Craig is the only guy really still playing balls out.

Btw, whomever was saying that Ayton is better than bam is just wrong. He’s not. Bam is a superior player at this point and improving more rapidly.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I get the frustration but that simply isn't true. He could be a great player but he isn't, and he likely never will be. He can be a good player but he isn't always a good player, and he likely never will be. But he's not garbage, just a huge disappointment when you compare potential with reality.
This is accurate

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
These wild Bridges drives are just so embarrassing.
FTFY

He looks like the guy nobody knows who asks if he can play in a pickup game, clearly has no handles, but drives wildly without full control, with no plan in mind, hoping he gets fouled because he knows he ain’t finishing. Tonight the refs obliged him. In a pickup game he would be calling fouls and everyone on the court, including his teammates, would be rolling their eyes and making a mental note to not let him play next time.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You mean the same heartless guy who in the 4th was draped all over Bam on defense and pushing guys around underneath on offense for passes that were thrown in the stands? Bam was a non-factor in the 4th as a result and Ayton was the best offensive player on our team tonight.
He showed up defensively late. He had zero defensive effort the first three quarters. And right now he’s our only skilled offensive player, but he still can’t seal effectively consistently enough against smaller players, he can’t initiate his own offense, he still shows away from contact. Is he our biggest problem at present? Far from it. He wasn’t the reason we lost tonight, but he certainly didn’t put the team on his back and say “follow me I’ll take us to the win.”

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’ll settle for just getting Cam Johnson back at this point. We’re one injury away from me getting meaningful minutes in the rotation
Let’s see what you got! Couldn’t be worse than some of the performances we’re getting!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
that inbound play was absolutely worthless. I hope someone asks Monty what they drew up bc he called a timeout right after the rebound like he has some set play ready to go
I’ve noticed this season that we have more difficulty inbounding the ball than most teams.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I recorded the game, and just started watching, only to see Bridges air ball a layup on the break and Ayton get blocked by Strus and after two minutes, had enough.

Just looked at the final score and looks like I saved myself about an hour of misery.

Oh, and CP3’s injures again. Sweet.

This team needs to be broken up and sold for parts before what few assets they do have (Ayton and Bridges) continue to depreciate before our very eyes. Man, those two guys are such incredible disappointments.
Yup. The draft that should have created a decade of running mates for book is looking worse and worse.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As we’ve seen in prior games, most NBA refs aren’t going to give him those bailout calls.
I was referring to this game and he was getting those calls. Coaches always tell players if it’s not falling get to the line.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Monty continues to just stand there and look stupid.

I don’t think I’ve ever hated a coach more.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That timeout, right after a defensive rebound, where we have momentum and a chance to make it a one score game was horrendous.

That timeout was just dumb. We had momentum back and had them on their heels, then he calls a timeout. We had just scored too then got that defensive rebound.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That timeout was just dumb. We had momentum back and had them on their heels, then he calls a timeout. We had just scored too then got that defensive rebound.
I think it even took the team by surprise as most had already turned and started down court with some urgency.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Lee gambles too much. Picks up dumb fouls.
Agreed. He tries hard and is physical but definitely isn’t a high level defender and his defensive IQ is lacking. That said, he’s always working hard and doesn’t back down.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty continues to just stand there and look stupid.

I don’t think I’ve ever hated a coach more.
Nobody came close to Pringles. I am frustrated with Monty in multiple aspects but hate? Uh no.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody came close to Pringles. I am frustrated with Monty in multiple aspects but hate? Uh no.
I tried to talk myself into Watson but no Phoenix coach was as frustratingly clueless as Earl was. Although I learned the fine art of second guessing the Head Coach during Red Kerr's tenure. And I've outcoached every Head Coach that followed him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave