Heard Today

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
are you sure?? Thought for certain I have seen trades and the new team gets a fresh clock...is that exclusive to the first round??

at the draft when there is a trade, the card gets turned in with the trade / picked player--

the NFL takes a few minutes to sort it out-- i think mostly to get that new team's jersey/hat ready for the announcement / presentation

but the clock is running on the next team while all this happens

this might make it look like there is more time because more than 10 mins have gone by prior to the announcement

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
The Redskins have gotten more serious about Rosen. One guy thinks they’d offer their one for the Cards 2 and Rosen. I’d pass but then I don’t like Murray that much.

What a stupid scenario. The Cardinals give up the first pick in the second round? Ridiculous

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
If Keim gives up #33 in that trade he needs to drug & alcohol tested before Michael fires him!!! That would be pure lunacy

It would happen under Bidwill’s watch and Bidwill should be held accountable by the fan base.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The Redskins have gotten more serious about Rosen. One guy thinks they’d offer their one for the Cards 2 and Rosen. I’d pass but then I don’t like Murray that much.

Washington can meditate to the dial tone with that crappy offer

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Washington is playing games with the Cardinals. They will go with Keenum to hold down the fort in 2019 and then they have better choices at QB coming out of college in 2020. If the Cardinals hold onto Rosen and draft Murray then they can also pick up Rosen dirt cheap if Murray ends up with the QB gig.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Washington is playing games with the Cardinals. They will go with Keenum to hold down the fort in 2019 and then they have better choices at QB coming out of college in 2020. If the Cardinals hold onto Rosen and draft Murray then they can also pick up Rosen dirt cheap if Murray ends up with the QB gig.

I disagree. I think Washington is so desperate they will end up sending the #1 pick for Rosen. They have serious cap issues with Alex Smith contract and Rosen is not only better than anyone they would draft at 15, he has 1 year of NFL experience, and he comes cheaply (6m for 3yrs). They also have a 5th year option if it works out (Alex Smith contract issues would be completely behind them).

On the Cardinals side...trading Rosen for less than a #1 pick and taking an 8m or 4m cap hit would be a disaster.

The best thing that could happen is the Redskins and Giants get into a bidding war. I also wouldn't be surprised if Cincy or Miami jumps into the action late.

I am still pro-Rosen and draft Q or Bosa.

Side note - When was the last time Keim made a bad trade? I think he is much better at trading than drafting.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think any team that needs a qb will wait for the draft class of 2020. Too many unknowns can change everything like injuries, final standings, etc. The NFL is not like the NBA will tanking works for top players. If you need a qb you go after one this year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose