Heard Today

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this is what Harry is hearing, if it does go down they will settle on a 3rd or 4th plus Rosen for the #15

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
All up until they draft Murray at 1. Then they have zero leverage because no one believes they will keep both.
He who holds the valuable assets holds the leverage. There won’t be enough first round QBs to meet every team’s needs. QBOF are not easy to come by. If a team in need values Rosen as QBOF they will pony up for him.

Cowboys drafted Walsh in the supplemental draft (and forfeited the 2nd overall pick the next year) in the same year they drafted airman #1 overall. They had both on their roster. They traded Walsh for a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Sounds like the cowboys, with two young QBOF on their roster sure held the leverage.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Do you want to spend your 1st round pick on Drew Lock or Daniel Jones? Or do you want to give it to the Cards for the better prospect? And the cheaper prospect. With only 1 less year of rookie QB contract.

It's a steal IMO. Absolute steal. Once Haskins goes........ This is every QB needy teams choice for the rest of the 1st round.

Camshaft

Registered
Reaction score
Rosen cost 4 mil in cap if we trade during the draft or before June 1. I only take a 17 or better no if, and or but.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Until Keim says nope, we'll keep him.

There is no salary cap reason to trade Rosen. There is no valid reason other that what we get in return making it a compelling reason to trade Rosen.

If other teams want to psyche themselves out of a QB, they can stick with what they have.

Or Keim blinks and gets screwed. But there is zero reason for him to get screwed, even if we take Murray #1.

Either way, until we're on the clock, the rubber won't meet the road for the #1 pick. As for Rosen, teams are free until draft/summer 2021 to make us an offer. No need to be hasty, we don't have to treat Rosen as if trading him will put us over the hump to winning next year's Super Bowl.

Of course all this is under the hypothetical assumption that our plan is to take Murray #1.

I would say a compelling reason to not keep Rosen if you draft Murray is a divided lockerroom. Keeping both is just asking for problems..and teams know that as well and will factor that into what they offer.

If they really plan on choosing Murray, I believe the only way they get value for Rosen is trading him before they pick.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Redskins have gotten more serious about Rosen. One guy thinks they’d offer their one for the Cards 2 and Rosen. I’d pass but then I don’t like Murray that much.
That's just hardball I believe.. they will have to pull the trigger and just flat out trade their #15 if they are that serious... Probably on draft night.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Going off of the Draft Trade Value Chart, Cardinals moving from 33 to 15 is equivalent to pick #43. If we traded 65 with #15 that would be equivalent to #22 or 23 area. This chart isn't the end all but just wanted to put some context to the offer.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Redskins have gotten more serious about Rosen. One guy thinks they’d offer their one for the Cards 2 and Rosen. I’d pass but then I don’t like Murray that much.
Then they aren’t serious about Rosen.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The Cards 2 is a highly flippable spot. That's why I would not trade it. If I could trade the one and still nab a top DL pick, and then flip the second pick and still get a top WR. And get two to three more picks this draft, I would look that way. Maybe do like NE and stockpile future picks.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one is getting our #33 pick especially along with Rosen. Are you kidding me. On day two the 33 pick alone might get us 2 more picks.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This was posted on the Redskins reddit account. Is that where you "heard" it?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Cards 2 is a highly flippable spot. That's why I would not trade it. If I could trade the one and still nab a top DL pick, and then flip the second pick and still get a top WR. And get two to three more picks this draft, I would look that way. Maybe do like NE and stockpile future picks.
Yeah.. this is all the poker game going right now.. always gotta start high I suppose. Lol. But even Keim is not silly enough to dispose of the first pick of the second round willy nilly.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Question - when a team is OTC with 5 minutes left and trade the pick, does new team then get a full clock or partial clock?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was posted on the Redskins reddit account. Is that where you "heard" it?

It was a Bill Barnwell article:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/s...ck-draft-bill-barnwell-proposes-32-wild-deals

He had 4 trades for the Cardinals and this was one of them:

Washington gets: QB Josh Rosen, 2-33
Cardinals get: QB Case Keenum, 1-15

The most simple trade in this mock! The most logical landing spot for Rosen is Washington, given that Jay Gruden's team doesn't have a quarterback of the future behind Alex Smith, who might never play again. Arizona wants to come away with a first-round pick for its second-year passer, but I don't think it has a great shot of getting one straight up unless it's the 32nd pick from the Patriots.

The Cardinals also get a veteran backup for Kyler Murray in Keenum, who once played under Kingsbury in Houston. This deal values the difference between Rosen and Keenum as equivalent to the 43rd pick in a typical draft.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You're talking about their #15 plus two 2020 picks for our #1.

Don't like it. Main reason is that we'd have to part with getting a guy we'd know at #1 and then wait 14 more picks to get a guy we don't know - & then get to cash in on the other 2 picks next year.

No thanx.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The new team gets a fresh clock to make their pick. Thats why the first round can take so long

Nope each pick in the first round gets 10 minutes. It doesn't matter how many trades happen in that 10 minutes. The pick must be made within that 10 minute time frame.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Nope each pick in the first round gets 10 minutes. It doesn't matter how many trades happen in that 10 minutes. The pick must be made within that 10 minute time frame.
are you sure?? Thought for certain I have seen trades and the new team gets a fresh clock...is that exclusive to the first round??

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
are you sure?? Thought for certain I have seen trades and the new team gets a fresh clock...is that exclusive to the first round??

I don' think so, usually when a trade is announced the team (that made the trade) quickly announces the player selected. There is not a new clock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave